Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MorphOS workstations for sale!  (Read 4554 times)

Description:

Offline AmigaClassicRule

• Show all replies
Re: MorphOS workstations for sale!
« on: April 25, 2012, 01:12:30 AM »
@bbond007

What do you mean it is married to the hardware? Do you mean it is like the classic Amiga OS where it is hardware depending (MorphOS) and does that mean i can develop hardware banging software like classic Amiga making on MorphOS and that these games or software can run only on MacMini? Is MoprhOS and it's hardware the same story as Amiga classic?

Offline AmigaClassicRule

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 01:31:02 AM »
Quote from: tone007;690386
Pretty sure what he means is the MorphOS license is linked directly to your particular machine, and is not transferrable to a different machine. Good way to prevent piracy, but definitely deters some purchasers.

OH! I LOVE THE MORPHOS licensing method BIG time!! It is in no way deters me from purchasing it...no way sir! I think it is genius and makes me feel a complete owner of the OS.

Offline AmigaClassicRule

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 07:42:21 AM »
Quote from: Kesa;690394
I am not convinced that was sarcasm. It might be though - me brain is a little distracted right now.

I agree with Kesa, I was not sarcastic at all! Since I got the Mini Mac instead of the tower case Apple G4, I will make and stamp it officially and seal the registration of MorphOS into the Mini mac G4 and consider this the official 100% only hardware ever I will get for MorphOS.

When the Mac Mini dies out completely..then I will consider getting the tower G4 Apple Mac...or better yet, the laptop version instead.

But I am not being sarcastic.