Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Logos vs Mascots (AROS)  (Read 19713 times)

Description:

Offline KThunder

• Show all replies
Re: Logos vs Mascots (AROS)
« on: December 10, 2010, 05:57:08 PM »
Quote from: runequester;597964
well, one has gone its way and the other isn't going anywhere at all :)

I am prepared to be wrong, but I don't suspect there's a lot of AROS use outside of ex-amiga users.

Not exactly aros use but I was suprised to see Aros included in the other os's listing in a computer book I have at home. I don't know if the authors are ex-amiga but it is possible I suppose. Or they were just searching for any and all other os's.

As for this discussion I think that Aros can go both ways.
There is no real reason that Aros can not be the user friendly, small, good looking os that linux tries to be. Linux is Unix and is complex, confusing in many ways to newcomers, and is splitting more and more between the distros. If Aros had a good easy to use and complete web browser, Office package, and printing utilities, my Mom would use it right now. Whereas one of my brothers (an anti-MS linux fanatic) tried to setup linux for her and it ended up being to much for her.

Aros can also be the AmigaOs related os for all us ex and current amiga users. Slick and smooth with built-in UAE and all the nostalgia we can muster (anyone got an old a4000t case I could abuse?)

All that said, I don't really care about logos. Case badges are where I'm at, but I like them simple and clean.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 06:04:30 PM by KThunder »
Oh yeah?!?
Well your stupid bit is set,
and its read only!
(my best geek putdown)

Offline KThunder

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 06:06:46 PM »
Quote from: the_leander;598051
It was the the repeated reference to the font needing to be "related" that throws me.

If I pounce on someone I do so in a way that is clear and unmistakable. There will be copious image macros and mockery involved, it will be harsh, possibly funny in a dark sort of way, but you'll know it when you see it. Bring popcorn :)

Skip the popcorn when the_leander drops the hammer grab the pepto :)
Oh yeah?!?
and its read only!
(my best geek putdown)

Offline KThunder

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 06:20:50 PM »
Yeah, I think that linux is very well suited to the apps you mentioned. My point was that as far as for a desktop Os for newbies and non computer types, Aros could actually become better than linux. I don't think either will ever make a serious dent in the desktop arena, and thats ok.

As an Amiga fan, I use Aros more than Linux.
Oh yeah?!?
and its read only!
(my best geek putdown)