Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

A non-polarised caps gone in a grey smoke and a kind of caramel cream...
A non-polarised caps gone in a grey smoke and a kind of caramel cream...
Previous Image | Next Image
Description: Even non-polarised caps pass away, it took a long time to happen, but it always did.
And it could more or less disastrous.
 :-o
You can often found these in our beloved A108x CRT, PSU,... These are quite well calibrated at the factory and the "circuit" rely a lot on its
value as you can see on the A1084S (Philips made) schematic extract on right. :rtfm:

But when it changes of value (too much heat, or the acid solution in it turns bad, or the body crack,...), it makes the flyback or the "driver" transistor die. It's quite hard to detect it failure most of time. And very few time, it can let you a nice leakage on the circuit, or make a smoke, but it can smoke by under so you see it at first time without take it off its place.

Happyly for me, this one was in a Philips P47 Vacuum and used as a "parasite" filter on the engine.
What a smoke it did  :madashell:  I thought a ganjaman passed by  :laughing:  and the vaccum was still working. I cleaned the leakage who seemed to be like a caramel cream, and replaced it.
So, now you know ! :bow:

Soon, in my pictures : tiny bad quality explosive polarised radial caps of years 2002/2003 replaced on high-end NVidia Nforce2 based motherboard  :pissed:
Picture Stats:
Views: 947
Filesize: 250.82kB
Height: 768 Width: 1024
Posted by: CLS2086 at April 21, 2009, 10:51:24 PM

Image Linking Codes
BB Code

Comments (0)