Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Time to say goodbye.  (Read 9598 times)

Description:

Offline iamaboringperson

• Show only replies by iamaboringperson
Re: Time to say goodbye.
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2003, 11:11:20 PM »
I can't wait any longer. Still no AmigaOS4... which for me means no AmigaOne. (I'm not a linux fan).
You wont even try MorphOS? is that it, you quit?

So it is with sadness I bid you all goodbye. I haven't even been logging into Amiga.org for about 3 weeks now, so the writing has already been on the wall.
I cant see a reason to 'leave', amiga.org is for people who use 1meg A500's too, you don't need an amigaone, I don't have one, and i think using amiga.org is fine.

I need to move on with my life, and once again put my Amiga-Love back in the closet...
Again, no need.

Some people don't seem to realise that the amiga is about more than just everyone having AmigaOS 4, if it was about that, where would the other amigas go, if not amiga.org

is a windows based forum only about windows-XP?

Offline Jose

• Show only replies by Jose
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2003, 11:50:53 PM »
Hmm, are you able to leave the Drug so easily? :-D

"I need to move on with my life, and once again put my Amiga-Love back in the closet..."

Your life didn't need to not move on because of the Amiga! 8-)  But it's true, one stops doing a lot of stuff because of this.  I've wondered many times if te time one spends on the computer (Amiga) is worth it, and if I wouldn't rather be doing something better for myself and more enjoying.
I think this is waht happens to everyone in many other things too.
Has any of you experienced staying  apart for a while and then the interest is kinda much less and different, and you view it with different eyes?  
\\"We made Amiga, they {bleep}ed it up\\"

Offline xeron

• Show only replies by xeron
    • http://www.petergordon.org.uk
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2003, 12:17:03 AM »
I don't understand why waiting has to be something that bothers you or takes your time. If you want to take a look at OS4 before deciding between it and MorphOS (or indeed, nothing), just forget about it until its out.

Theres a big world out there... go.. enjoy... be freeee!

If you take a look at AmigaOS 4 when it comes out (or, indeed, decide it sucks, but decide to give MorphOS a look), then you'll probably come back, and we'll all still be here. Hopefully by then, we'll all have stopped bitching at each other, too :-D
Playstation Network ID: xeron6

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2003, 12:26:21 AM »
@ iamaboringperson

I cant see a reason to 'leave', amiga.org is for people who use 1meg A500's too, you don't need an amigaone, I don't have one, and i think using amiga.org is fine.

Heck, shouldn't some interest in the Amiga platform be enough to hang around? ;-) And there is allways the b-plan ... :-P
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline artman

• Show only replies by artman
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2003, 12:31:25 AM »
@Jaruzel

Don't give up yet!  Stick around for a while a see what happens.  Might be something that totally surprises you.  I've been living in the past for years now, with my Classic Boxes.  Damn good entertainment and yep, I still find out something new about them now and then.  I'm waiting for OS4 too, hope it comes out, but if it don't, then I'm still having fun, just slower fun on a 68K machine! :-P

Offline bhoggett

• Show only replies by bhoggett
    • http://www.midnightmu.com
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2003, 12:44:36 AM »
@Jaruzel

Well, I can't say I blame you.  I'm only hanging around through force of habit myself, and in contrast to most others, I don't even have anything to look forward to.  I have no interest in buying a Pegasos or an AmigaOne, while AROS looks years away from being "ready for prime time" as they say. Any other possible solutions are so vague as to not even qualify for vapour classification.

My Amiga use is now limited to my daily "Tales of Tamar" turns, and that's it. I have no further use for Amiga software, and I don't see that changing in the foreseeable future.

Life moves on.
Bill Hoggett

Offline iamaboringperson

• Show only replies by iamaboringperson
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2003, 12:47:05 AM »

takemehomegrandma wrote:
@ iamaboringperson

Heck, shouldn't some interest in the Amiga platform be enough to hang around? ;-) And there is allways the b-plan ... :-P

Well ok, i agree, even if Amiga Inc. did not exist, that is no reason to not visit amiga.org, It's for people with an interest in Amiga

Offline Cravan

• Show only replies by Cravan
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2003, 01:02:42 AM »
I agree with Bill, but I don't even use my A1200 anymore. I don't know why I'm here really. AOS4.0 does not interest me, neither does Pegasos. I thought AmigaDE was a great idea, but that seem as realistic as the A\Box was (yes, I was hoping for that one too!) I was considering perhaps buying a handheld PalmOS thingy but AmigaDE-programs (run anywhere!) doesn't seem to work on those even! (sorry for all the exclamation marks) well...who cares anyway?

Offline tonyw

• Show only replies by tonyw
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2003, 01:12:52 AM »
Man, you giving up ALREADY? Can't you just wait another two weeks?

tony

PS: I think I'll start an anti-AROS rant to counter bloodline's pro-AROS rants.

Until I can run my existing Amiga 68k binaries on AROS, it's vapour. There, it's out. Now I feel better.

Offline Targhan

• Show only replies by Targhan
    • http://www.geocities.com/targhan_aga
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2003, 01:23:55 AM »
Just don't forget your roots, and we all wish you a fond farewell.
Regards,
Targhan

Offline bhoggett

• Show only replies by bhoggett
    • http://www.midnightmu.com
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2003, 02:09:30 AM »
I should add that I do have a geeky kind of interest in AmigaOS4 and MorphOS, but since I'm never likely to own the hardware required to run them they are never likely to have more than curiosity value for me.
Bill Hoggett

Offline WarPiper

• Show only replies by WarPiper
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2003, 03:17:13 AM »
@ Iamaboringperson

You wont even try MorphOS? is that it, you quit?

Man it’s not just a matter of trying MorphOS, don’t forget it’s also a matter of having to buy the hardware to run MorphOS.

I am sure buy the way some of the MorphOS gang goes on that its a nice OS, but if it was made for the X86 where I didn’t have to spring so much for the hardware, I am sure that she/he would have it on her/his system in a heart beat.

Some people just dont see that the expenditure for a system just to wait and see which direction it will go whenever it finally starts to go may be worth it, besides who the hell wants to sit around and wait for every damn thing to come to pass when the rest of the world is passing them by; by leaps and bounds.

@ JARUZEL
THOUGH ITS SAD TO SEE THAT THE AMIGA IS LOSING ANOTHER USER, I MUST SAY THAT I AM GLAD TO SEE THAT NOT EVERY ONE IS JUST SITTING ON THEIR ASS WAITING AND HOLDING THEIR BREATH FOR THE NEXT COMPUTER MESSIAH TO ARRIVE.

GOOD LUCK IN WHAT EVER COMPUTER PLATFORM YOU MAY CHOSE
There was a time I can remember computers were fun...I miss my A1200.

Offline ronybeck

• Show only replies by ronybeck
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2003, 03:25:42 AM »
So it is with sadness I bid you all goodbye.

That's nice.   You really needed to tell the world that your leaving?  The bandwidth I wasted in reading this could have gone to some poor Internet Starved Afghann :-D

Please think of the Afghans :-P
================================================
Did you just call me paranoid?
================================================

Offline JoannaK

• Show only replies by JoannaK
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2003, 03:31:28 AM »
Hi Jarruzel

I can tell you from experince.. it's quite possible to come back if other options are not your liking. Just put all that stuff in closet for now (or sell them if you'll really need the $$$). Look for altenativies and spend time with them.

Considering you don't like Linux too much there are really not so many other end-user systems to look at. About only real alternativies are Mac (OsX, that is essentially MacOs compatibility atop of BSD unix) and Windows (XP, most likely if computer is new).

So.. Have a nice vacation of all this and please let us know what you have found on your travels.

Offline machinehead

• Show only replies by machinehead
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2003, 03:46:32 AM »
Jaruzel is gone. I wish this person the best that can be had.
Sup. Dave

Offline Damion

« Reply #29 from previous page: August 14, 2003, 04:01:59 AM »
Take care, Jar. Hope to see ya back again
someday. :-)