Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: C64 games that were better than thier Amiga counterparts ?  (Read 8566 times)

Description:

Offline PanterHZ

• Show all replies
    • http://www.rhz1.com
Quote from: SamuraiCrow;630547
I heard that ThunderBlade was better on the C64 than on the Amiga.  Possibly because the character graphics modes on the C64 accelerated the tile-mapping effects while the Amiga had to make up the difference with the blitter.  (And a lot of the early games didn't have the benefit of interleaved bitplanes that came with Kickstart 3.)

I have both versions of this game and can confirm this, the C64 version is waaay better than the Amiga version which is slow and have sluggish controls. I was a bit dissapointed when I tried it the first time, I really had hoped for something better. I even bought the original and all.

Quote from: Magitius;630558
I had a long time ago a Wheels Of Fire compilation for the C64 and recently bought the Amiga version. Power Drift and Turbo Outrun were better on the C64 in terms of gameplay and sound, but graphics were better on the Amiga version. Haven't tested Chase HQ and Hard Drivin' yet.

I haven't tried the Amiga versions of Chase HQ and Hard Drivin, but I'm pretty sure they are better than the C64 versions (which really doesn't take much). Both games were ported from the Spectrum versions, and especially Hard Drivin is bad. As a matter of fact it is so bad that it wasn't even released as a stand alone game, instead it was added to the Wheels Of Fire compilation as a "filler".

Offline PanterHZ

• Show all replies
    • http://www.rhz1.com
Re: C64 games that were better than thier Amiga counterparts ?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 03:06:10 AM »
I think Ghosts N' Goblins on the C64 is better than on the Amiga. Sure,  the Amiga version has better graphics, all the levels and more advanced  enemies. But there is one thing it doesn't have, and that is the  somewhat weird but highly atmospheric music of the C64 version. Ghosts  N' Goblins isn't the same without this music imho.

I also prefer the C64 version of Barbarian 2 since I find the Amiga  version to be much harder, but this might be because I only have a  pirated Amiga version of this game.