Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wii vs. CD32  (Read 5228 times)

Description:

Offline Speelgoedmannetje

• Show all replies
Re: Wii vs. CD32
« on: April 18, 2008, 02:49:28 PM »
Tbh I prefer the ordinary A500 over the CD32 in terms of addictive games. Also besides that the Dreamcast rocks like hell with games like Ooga Booga and Powerstone. A friend of mine has a Wii, but asides tennis it's not being played on much. Playstation 2 is ok with Gran Turismo and Monkey Ball initially we played the latter on the GameCube a hell of a lot, and since gamecube games can be played on the wii..
Still have to check out Mario Kart Double Dash.
And the canary said: \'chirp\'

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 01:04:19 PM »
You can't compare the CD32 with Playstation or Saturn, since these came out 2 years after the CD32. Still, the CD32 was underpowered, in comparison to the Atari Jaguar (or too little difference in comparison to the Super Nintendo). It's only strong aspect was the CD player.

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 02:38:37 PM »

Hammer wrote:

I disagree with "Lets not forget gaming on the X86 till 1998 was a pain".
It sucked before the coming of DirectX/OpenGL. I've always been a PC user, but all the fussing around with conflicting IRQ's of soundcards and things like that. I got myself my first Amiga500 back in 1998 or so, and had to get used to it's user friendlyness (not having to boot in workbench to play games; "are all my disks broken? All are NDOS" :lol: )