Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Brand New Sam460ex  (Read 6919 times)

Description:

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
Re: Brand New Sam460ex
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2010, 11:21:06 PM »
Oh, wow, it's almost as powerful as an iPad....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2010, 11:36:52 PM »
A third board in the same spirit as the two previous ones. I must say I didn't expect they would continue the uphill struggle as long as to a third board. If nothing else, their passion about this is admirable, and deserves an applause... :)

Quote from: a1200;550867
Good news this. Great for everyone I think. OS4/AROS/MOS all could run on this one way or the other.

For MorphOS it would be a serious downgrade, so I don't think it will happen. Im just now setting up MorphOS on my new Mac Mini 1.5GHz that I got today (typing this with MorphOS 2.4 and OWB 1.7), and from the overwhelming positive experience I've got from the MorphOS/Mac combo this far, I could never see myself buying something like the Sam for the kind of money they are asking, when you can get so much more for so much less. But some people probably will (some people always do)... :)
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline trekiej

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2010, 11:38:42 PM »
Amiga 2000 Forever :)
Welcome to the Planar System.

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2010, 11:40:39 PM »
Quote from: Tomas;550893
Are you accusing hyperion of lying through their teeth??

Not saying that they are this time (time will tell), but it would hardly be the first time if they were, now would it?

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2010, 11:41:30 PM »
Quote from: Tomas;550896
I doubt we have to worry about license now that amiga inc is out of the picture.

Except that they aren't...

Offline gazgod

• Show only replies by gazgod
    • http://www.lincsamiga.org.uk
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2010, 11:45:25 PM »
Quote from: Tomas;550893
Where do you get that bullshit from? Are you accusing hyperion of lying through their teeth??

Irrespective of my or anyone else's opinions of Hyperion, what do they have to do with the X1000? Apart from one guy from them been a partner in Aeon.

Gaz

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2010, 12:03:49 AM »
600 Euros? Maybe its for someone who's really into OS4 (and has some money to blow). Aros? Nope the X86 port's the one they're focusing on. MorphOS? A Mac Mini (or, when an update is released, a Powermac) would be a better solution.
X4 PCIe in a X16 slot=crippled video performance. One X1 slot, 1 SATA connector, and a price that would buy you a fairly nice PC (for a motherboard only).
I'm glad you guys are optimistic. I'll wait for Powermac support on MorphOS.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline jorkany

• Show only replies by jorkany
    • http://www.amigaos4.com
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2010, 12:09:24 AM »
Quote from: gazgod;550907
Irrespective of my or anyone else's opinions of Hyperion, what do they have to do with the X1000? Apart from one guy from them been a partner in Aeon.

I dunno, check the "About Us" page on a-eon.com

Oh wait....

Seriously though, it's nice to see ACube is fighting back against the X1000!

Offline Gulliver

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2010, 12:23:46 AM »
My guess, is that Acube is thinking on the future, trying not to loose potential AmigaOS 4.x market share against aeon, and is delivering a new motherboard that will be much more affordable than an aeon x-1000 or whatever it is named, and it is delivering it right before they do.

Offline cv643d

• Show only replies by cv643d
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2010, 12:37:30 AM »
It is positive to see new hardware for 4.1. I even got interested again, after selling my Peg2 with 4.1 last year (and I payed 180 euros for that sweet little motherboard but felt even that was a bit too much).

Then áfter I read the news of new SAM I ended up on MooBunny, then I read about the MOS on Mac Mini experience above here.

Confusion set in, sorry, I dont get it and I am afraid to ask on aw.net, maybe I get my third warning there if I would (not that I really care, I am such a rebel -not-).

...but anyway, is it not in the best interest of 4.1 that it would be released for Mac Mini PPC to? Is the main reason you need to pay ~600 euro for the mobo (or 1000+ euro for x-computer) alone just so that Amiga dealers can force to sell 4.1 together with the mobo?
Amiga articles
"New shell. It was finished a while back, but I still see bugs, haha" - SSolie

Offline Tomas

• Show only replies by Tomas
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2010, 12:42:03 AM »
Quote from: gazgod;550907

Gaz

Hyperion has already stated that they have a WORKING board. If the board does not exist, then that means they have been lying. They have also showed a linux screenshot of processes running on this said board.

Offline Tomas

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2010, 12:43:07 AM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;550905
Not saying that they are this time (time will tell), but it would hardly be the first time if they were, now would it?

Please refresh my memory then? What exactly have hyperion lied about?

Offline cv643d

• Show only replies by cv643d
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2010, 12:47:08 AM »
wopps. .wrong.

You should read a bit on Moobunny if you want to see the dark side of Amiga companies actions :)

But remember, dont come to me crying when all you have been told to believe is not true ok :)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 12:49:11 AM by cv643d »
Amiga articles
"New shell. It was finished a while back, but I still see bugs, haha" - SSolie

Offline Tomas

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2010, 12:54:20 AM »
Quote from: cv643d;550922
wopps. .wrong.

You should read a bit on Moobunny if you want to see the dark side of Amiga companies actions :)

But remember, dont come to me crying when all you have been told to believe is not true ok :)

The place to go if you want to read misinformation by trolls.. :P I have to admit that there is a few interesting threads there though, but most of the shit there is just trolling..

Offline Tomas

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2010, 12:56:57 AM »
Quote from: cv643d;550919
It is positive to see new hardware for 4.1. I even got interested again, after selling my Peg2 with 4.1 last year (and I payed 180 euros for that sweet little motherboard but felt even that was a bit too much).

Then áfter I read the news of new SAM I ended up on MooBunny, then I read about the MOS on Mac Mini experience above here.

Confusion set in, sorry, I dont get it and I am afraid to ask on aw.net, maybe I get my third warning there if I would (not that I really care, I am such a rebel -not-).

...but anyway, is it not in the best interest of 4.1 that it would be released for Mac Mini PPC to? Is the main reason you need to pay ~600 euro for the mobo (or 1000+ euro for x-computer) alone just so that Amiga dealers can force to sell 4.1 together with the mobo?
Amigaworld is not like it used to be.. You dont get banned for having a different opinion anymore. Amigans.net is pretty much what has replaced the old heavily moderated amigaworld.

Even the mods have very different views about OS4.1 and next generation hardware.

Offline recidivist

• Show only replies by recidivist
« Reply #29 from previous page: April 03, 2010, 01:01:59 AM »
Maybe they feel it will be easier porting OS 4.x if every 460ex user has a known base quantity as regards graphics and sound ?

Isn't having standardized graphics and sound true to the original Amiga?

I'm glad to see ACube still trying to kep the dream alive ;I just wish econimcs were more favorable.Amigans must admit this is much more capable than an A500 which sold for $700-$800 new when introduced.