Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Two site bugs  (Read 2604 times)

Description:

Offline CodeSmithTopic starter

• Show only replies by CodeSmith
Two site bugs
« on: February 16, 2004, 12:07:03 AM »
Hi

I've found two things you might want to look into...

First, look at the discussion on "Why is Amiga, Eyetech, and Hyperion so quiet?", you'll notice that that two thirds down, just after T_Bone's post, the comment fields become narrower as the left column (where the avatar etc appears) gets squished into the right column (where the comment text normally is)

Second, this is probably related to the "must log in every time" issue, but if I open a browser window (I'm using IE 6) on www.amiga.org and log in, then open another one on www.amiga.org, I must log in on that browser window as well.  I'm pretty sure this did not happen before the upgrade, logons would be shared by all browser instances.

Offline iamaboringperson

• Show only replies by iamaboringperson
Re: Two site bugs
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2004, 12:10:56 AM »
Second, this is probably related to the "must log in every time" issue, but if I open a browser window (I'm using IE 6) on www.amiga.org and log in, then open another one on www.amiga.org, I must log in on that browser window as well. I'm pretty sure this did not happen before the upgrade, logons would be shared by all browser instances.
I had that happen before the changes

Offline RobinC

• Show only replies by RobinC
    • http://www.rycochet.com/
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2004, 12:13:03 AM »
Add another one - add a rewrite rule in .htaccess to 301 "amiga.org" to "www.amiga.org" - easy enough to do, and will sort out ppl who bookmark the wrong one. You might also want to add a timed redirect for the old /modules/news/ dir - it no longer works, and quite a few ppl will have bookmarked that...

Robin

Offline TheGoose

• Show only replies by TheGoose
    • http://www.amiga.org/forums/blog.php?u=827
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2004, 12:19:38 AM »
My email notification is not working. I look at the
"notification" link but that doesn't seem to have the settings I'm looking for.

Where do I set this?

Never mind found it...

I liked the old way better - automatic
G1200, A3000D, A1200 PPC AOS4.0C

I\'m on Google +

Offline CodeSmithTopic starter

• Show only replies by CodeSmith
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2004, 12:22:35 AM »
One other thing, if I click on "Next Topic" at the bottom of the page, I get an error that says that topic no longer exists (I'm guessing this is currently the last topic in the list).  It would probably be a bit more user friendly to disable the link altogether, rather than let people click it and get an error.

Offline hnl_dk

• Show only replies by hnl_dk
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2004, 02:03:41 AM »

RobinC wrote:
Add another one - add a rewrite rule in .htaccess to 301 "amiga.org" to "www.amiga.org" - easy enough to do, and will sort out ppl who bookmark the wrong one. You might also want to add a timed redirect for the old /modules/news/ dir - it no longer works, and quite a few ppl will have bookmarked that...

Robin

about /modules/news/ :
But you need to go to /modules/news/ to do "anything" in the in the news module ... try to click on news in the menu
Best regards,
Henning Nielsen Lund [Denmark]...

Offline Kent

• Show only replies by Kent
    • http://amiga.org/modules/mylinks/visit.php?lid=87
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2004, 02:53:51 AM »

RobinC wrote:
You might also want to add a timed redirect for the old /modules/news/ dir - it no longer works, and quite a few ppl will have bookmarked that...

That's the default.  When you go to www.amiga.org, you will see the front page only.  If you want to see the news module as default, you will need to go to the link directly.  This is a site wide setting, not something that can be done on a per user basis.  We are still tweaking the site though, so "keep your shirt on" for the updates.

:pint:
I love the modern age world of this middle age crises America... all these SUVs driving around like there\\\'s gas to spare and then some.

http://www.RequestFocus.com

W. Kent Seaton ~ RequestFocus.com