Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: SinclairOS Pink Eye is now available  (Read 2725 times)

Description:

Offline Controlly DelmanTopic starter

• Show only replies by Controlly Delman
    • http://sinclair-uk.weebly.com
SinclairOS Pink Eye is now available
« on: November 08, 2011, 05:51:44 PM »
We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of SinclairOS version 1.0 Pink Eye.  We have created SinclairOS to be the most configurable and powerful operating system available today for any system, it can be as simple or as complicated as you want it to be, it can do anything you could ever want to do with a computer and many things you have yet to think of.   YOU decide how you want it to look, YOU decide what features you need, SinclairOS is the operating system for YOU no matter who YOU are, it's all about YOU the Sinclair User for Your Sinclair and should never Crash.

SinclairOS is designed from the ground up to bring back all those memories of typing in listings from books and magazines for your sinclair computer in the best possible way we could think of using today's technology to create the worlds most advanced operating system.

visit SinclairUK for more information, don't forget to leave a message in the contact us section or join our popular forum to meet other fans of these great sinclair machines.

update 12/11/2011

SINCLAIROS ASTIGMATISM NOW AVAILABLE

DOWNLOAD
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 01:24:34 AM by Controlly Delman »

Offline michel3105

• Show only replies by michel3105
Re: SinclairOS Pink Eye is now available
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 06:01:43 PM »
I expect SinclairOS have to be typed in line by line at every boot of the machine, or else it's not a true 8 bit retro-experience.

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 06:07:12 PM »
We did look into this but with the millions of lines of code required for a modern operating system it would have taken 13 monkeys 3 years to type in all the code so we decided that just shipping the OS as source code would be a much easier way of getting it into the machine, it saves us the cost of supplying monkeys with every copy and saves a bit of time too.  We do allow the user to save a completed copy of sinclairOS to disc but if a user would prefer to build their copy of sinclairOS from scratch each time they boot they are free to do this too.

Offline ferrellsl

• DavidseltyAJ
    • Show only replies by ferrellsl
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 06:53:41 PM »
Yet another Linux distro.......yawn.....

Offline CritAnime

• Previous Life Time Member
    • Show only replies by CritAnime
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 08:00:50 PM »
Will this run on say an Amstrad PenPad?

Offline Digiman

• Show only replies by Digiman
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 08:09:10 PM »
Bit early for April fools ;)

Offline brownb2

• Show only replies by brownb2
    • http://www.silentdevelopment.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 09:27:09 PM »
Quote from: Controlly Delman;666974
We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of SinclairOS version 1.0 Pink Eye. .

Oi! You embedded my Image to ZX Spec Proxy video on the about page! http://sinclair-uk.weebly.com/sinclair-os.html

The proxy is running in Firefox with my Gran Canaria persona as the titlebar image, not as you purport the Sinclair Brasso browser.

Check the youtube user name against amiga.org member name for confirmation.

I'm PMing you to sue for copyright infringement, patent abuse and libel damages. You will be hearing from my solicitor shortly.

Benjamin
Author of Image to ZX Spec.
Silent Software (UK).
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 09:30:40 PM by brownb2 »
A600 (3.48/4.46 MIPS) - 2MB Chip, 4MB PCMCIA, 11MB Fast, ACA-620 OC 680EC20@16.67/25MHz, RTC, 512MB CF HD, WB 2.1
A1200 (7.36 MIPS) - 2MB Chip 8MB Fast, MTEC Viper 68030@42MHz MMU, 68882 FPU, RTC, 1GB CF HD, T.Turbo 2, 2 Ext. Floppies, WB 3.0.
Atari 520 STFM - 1MB, Multiface ST.
Commodore 16 - 64K Mod, SD2IEC Drive
Commodore 64C - 64K, SD2IEC Drive
ZX Spectrum 48K Rubber Key - 48K, Composite Mod
ZX Spectrum +2B - 128KB
ZX Spectrum +3 - 128KB, DivIDE+ 64MB CF HD, Multiface 3.

Offline vox

• Show only replies by vox
    • http://anticusa.wordpress.com
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 09:34:56 PM »
Quote from: Controlly Delman;666974

We have released SinclairOS Pink Eye for download, it is available to everybody but we can only recommend it for sinclair computers because if we didn't there would be no reason to buy one so we may find some way to break it on non sinclair computers in the future. It turns out that the released version of SinclairOS is nothing like we said it would be, those were all just pipe dreams but it's still an OS and still has the sinclair name so even though you could just use some other OS based on the same code it would not be SinclairOS. If I can, I will put together a very amateurish video to promote SinclairOS, I may use MS Paint or if I can figure out how, ill render some text poorly so it looks like it was done in the early 90s, use some stock photos of sinclair computers from the past with some fancy zooming effects and fades that I can find in iMovie. Why should a big rich company with £3 million advertising budget pay a pro to do this stuff when I can probably do it myself?

Remember when computers were frustrating
:roflmao:
Future Acube and MOS supporter, fi di good, nothing fi di unprofessionals. Learn it harder way! http://www.youtube.com/user/rasvoja and https://www.facebook.com/rasvoja

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 01:22:13 AM »
A few hours ago I tried a linux distro by an american company that thinks it can do better than SinclairUK so I have decided to release SinclairOS 2.0 Astigmatism.

SinclairOS 2.0 Astigmatism is a ready to run Linux distribution specially tailored for the Sinclair customer but should run on any x86 PC, just download the .iso (bittorrent client required) burn it to a cd and boot it.  Best of all, it's only about 500mb.

SinclairOS download page

edit:  I have just been informed by the developers that it can even run in virtualbox or vmware so you won't even have to burn a CD or shut down your computer to try it.

Hopefully a direct download will be available soon for those not wanting to use bittorrent.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 01:55:14 AM by Controlly Delman »

Offline CritAnime

• Previous Life Time Member
    • Show only replies by CritAnime
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 01:31:20 AM »
WOOT!

Finally a linux port that embodies everything that I hold dear. Plus it doesn't lose focus... often....

Offline agami

• Show only replies by agami
    • Twitter
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 01:59:35 AM »
I wish I had your kind of time. Funny stuff though.
---------------AGA Collection---------------
1) Amiga A4000 040 40MHz, Mediator PCI, Voodoo 3 3000, Creative PCI128, Fast Ethernet, Indivision AGA Mk2 CR, DVD/CD-RW, OS 3.9 BB2
2) Amiga A1200 040 25MHz, Indivision AGA Mk2 CR, IDEfix, PCMCIA WiFi, slim slot load DVD/CD-RW, OS 3.9 BB2
3) Amiga CD32 + SX1, OS 3.1

Offline paul1981

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2011, 02:41:04 PM »
I can't decide now whether to go for the new Commodore or wait for the Sinclair.  I hate choice!