Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Raspberry Pi 2 B Power Switch Soldering Help  (Read 3843 times)

Description:

Offline Tenacious

• Show all replies
Re: Raspberry Pi 2 B Power Switch Soldering Help
« on: September 11, 2015, 01:22:33 AM »
In some other languages, the word for switch is interrupteur (If you want to say it in French, hold your nose and make a nasal sound.  HE he he.  Haw haw haw).  To interrrupt power to the Pi (turn it OFF), you only need to pass the red wire thru the switch.

Set your meter to 200 Ohms (the omega symbol) and find 2 posts of the switch that show 0  with the switch in one position and OL (overload, meaning no continuity) in the other.  Note the posts and solder the red wire from the PS to one of them.  Solder the red wire to the PI to the other post.  Solder the black wires back together and insulate the connection.

Switch your meter back to 20 DCV to confirm both states of the switch.

EDIT:  Rereading your post, I now wonder if you are talking about that green LED in the 3rd photo.  You want to keep this functional?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 01:48:25 AM by Tenacious »

Offline Tenacious

• Show all replies
Re: Raspberry Pi 2 B Power Switch Soldering Help
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 02:17:26 AM »
I should have read more carefully, and concentrated less on the silly French joke.  Sorry.

I think AmmoJammo in past 6 is probably right.  You could try unsoldering the wires and then testing continuity thru the switch with all combinations.  You could also test all the pins of the switch for continuity to the LED when it is in the OFF position.  Those pins should be the output side that will go to the PI.  The other 2 pins should come from the supply (You should connect the PS first, to ensure you get the correct polarity to the LED.  Then match the PI connector for correct polarity to the PI.  Confirm this with the 20 DCV meter setting before connecting to the PI).

Good Luck.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 02:28:15 AM by Tenacious »