Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Timberwolf Progress Update  (Read 21112 times)

Description:

Offline magnetic

• Show all replies
Re: Timberwolf Progress Update
« on: August 05, 2011, 04:15:39 AM »
Good news. This project is the MOST important amiga project going hw or sw.
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz
Quad Boot:Reg. MorphOS | OS4.1 U4 |Ubuntu GNU-Linux | MacOS X

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Commodore CDTV: 68010 | ECS | 9mb Ram | SCSI -TV | 3.9 Rom | Developer EPROMs

Offline magnetic

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 08:39:13 AM »
Well  not sure how to field the statements above but I can tell you that when I used to have a nice studio in nyc a lot of graphic designers, motion gfx guys, 3d guys, audio, musicians, etc saw my amiga and pegasos setup they were blown away. Some even wanted me to put together a system for them, but when they find out no name or "modern" webbrowser it became not so serious. Do you understand now? I'm not talking about fanboys when I said FF is the most important project.
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Offline magnetic

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 08:06:58 AM »
takemehome

Dont forget not only did FAB due original OWB morphos port for Free, but he shared sources with Os4 guys AND even helped them in the porting!

Do you guys think that hyperion guys will help anyone port to morphos? doubtful..
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz

Offline magnetic

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 02:34:25 AM »
Hooligan

You are completely wrong in what you are saying. FF 4 port could attract new users. How this can be denied is beyond me.. obviously nothing "commercial" will come from the platform.. (and by "commercial" i think you mean "industrial" )
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz

Offline magnetic

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 09:58:03 PM »
Once again a verbose thread on OS4 or major os4 software and not one post from any rep or dev from Hyperion themselves. its quite amusing and sad. Its amazing these guys inherited the "Amiga" legacy and the Morph guys are the bad guys when they have delivered miles more...

oh and JJ you are right "usb2" as a big feature is quite lame. Should be usb3 especially when you are selling a $3000 X1000! wtf you gonna have PATA and usb1? Running outdated browsers and SuperNes emus?

And all this Gallium talk.. ya right!  Just like all those awesome "SNAP drivers" lmfao! bafa has points with Candy Factory, Aladdin, Gorky 17, etc etc ad naseum...
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz

Offline magnetic

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 09:33:41 PM »
Well I was always under the belief that Freidens should have stayed with FF 3.x and got that into a usable productive beta state.  However, FF4 has way more features and should be cool (if it ever gets out of an "alpha" state as Piru said) That being said its also much more bloated resource wise....

As far as what some other tosser said throwing my name around about bashing OS4. I care just as much for OS4 efforts as anything. I actually want to run os4 on my peg2, but could see no real reason to until lately. And even better now, if I purchase it when update 3 comes out i'm going to have spend another $150 us when 4.2 comes out?? wtf?
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz

Offline magnetic

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 02:35:06 AM »
Quote from: utri007;655122
I proven many times that MorphOs users are actually more interested AOs4 than their own system.

Their desperate feelings are understable, after thei released MOs to apple's products they have get 3 new users. This also proves that Hyperion's choise to get their own custom hardware is good choise.

Hmm well first off learn to spell and maybe somebody will take your foolish arguments seriously. Secondly you are completely talking straight out of your ass with this post. Almost all of it is totally wrong. Congrats.
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz

Offline magnetic

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 08:17:48 PM »
Quote from: utri007;655172
How many posts here are about "Timberwolf Progress Update"? Quite many are personal insults against Frieden brothers/Hyperion

Actually, in agreement with other posters following this silly post, people on aorg are actually able to express their true feelings of OS4 and/or Hyperion and timberwolf. This is not a "fanboy" site where everything is cleansed to make things rosy all the time. (which imho has held back true development and progress of OS4 efforts)

On aorg you are allowed to give your real thoughts without worry of deletion/moderation like on other sites. It seems to me that when the fanboys lose arguments which are completely valid they label you a troll or whatever..

To add to the insanity Hyperion NEVER posts on aorg or aw.net (and barely amigans) to defend their position...which is certainly welcome...

and btw to OS4 fanboys stop calling Piru a troll or whatever as the guy is a dedicated true amigan!
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz

Offline magnetic

• Show all replies
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 08:40:34 PM »
Quote from: drHirudo;655252
Wrong! This is MOS fanboy site and it have been since BBRV paid the admin some years ago to post MOS bullsh¡t.
Probably the owners of 1100 MOS licenses are happy about this fact, looking at the silence of MorphZone.

Well considering you are a rabid OS4 fanboy I expect this kind of misleading information. (are you sure some of you guys arent involved with Fox News or something? or us GOVT? why I say that? SAME TACTICS of warping facts/truths

Genesi didt pay off anyone.. Wayne Hunt THE FORMER owner of Aorg was employed for a short time by genesi, he then was let go, became disgruntled and actually became an AINC fanboy!  

So get your facts straight. This place is far from overrun with morphos guys. Yes mz is slow and it sux. It seems there are a lot of euro morph sites ppl post on..

Aorg is more a classic amiga site Wake UP and stop posting foolishness.
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz

Offline magnetic

• Show all replies
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 08:42:12 PM »
Quote from: buzz;655210
(This is a forum, not a place of worship). Perhaps the real issue is, a lot of stuff happens regarding OS4 that perhaps deserves critique.

Awesome post and I love the parenthetical :P my aorg quote of the month lulz
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz

Offline magnetic

• Show all replies
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 08:54:13 PM »
hahah sorry man... ;)
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz