Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaOS 3.1.4 and Deluxe Music 2.0 -- audio gets stuck in an infinte loop  (Read 10346 times)

Description:

Offline my_pc_is_amigaTopic starter

Re: AmigaOS 3.1.4 and Deluxe Music 2.0 -- audio gets stuck in an infinte loop
« Reply #29 from previous page: February 26, 2019, 11:00:34 PM »
These programs do not use the audio.device, they bang the hardware.

I used SnoopDOS to find that audio.device is getting loaded by EaglePlayer and EdPlayer.   I also used ROMSPLIT to extract the older audio.device 37.10 and then used LOADMODULE DOWNGRADE to load it.  I tried 37.10 and then went back to 45.15 and for whatever reason, I haven't been able to reproduce this on 45.15 now.  I'm totally mystified why I was seeing seeing it before. 
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 05:12:07 AM by my_pc_is_amiga »

guest11527

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2019, 08:46:54 AM »
These programs do not use the audio.device, they bang the hardware.

I used SnoopDOS to find that audio.device is getting loaded by EaglePlayer and EdPlayer.   I also used ROMSPLIT to extract the older audio.device 37.10 and then used LOADMODULE DOWNGRADE to load it.  I tried 37.10 and then went back to 45.15 and for whatever reason, I haven't been able to reproduce this on 45.15 now.  I'm totally mystified why I was seeing seeing it before.
Yes, these programs open the audio device, but only to reserve channels. They then bang the hardware. They don't play through the audio.device.

Offline dschallock

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2020, 06:34:33 PM »
As a Deluxe Music 2.0 user I ran into the same crashing issue.
I just wanted to add my observation.
I appears the crash when playing some of those "scores" that come with the program are happening because of the "instruments" assigned to the stave. Some of the included "scores" do not crash and they use different "instruments".  The offending instruments are banging the hardware in a way that is a problem I assume.
Two solutions:
  1) change the offending assigned instrument to another built in instrument that works.
  2) assign Midi Instruments to the staves instead of built in Amiga sound instruments.  If you have a Midi set up (which I do) this *seems* to fix any crashing and midi instruments through a synth will sound better than sampled Amiga instruments anyway.

guest11527

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2020, 06:49:55 PM »
As a Deluxe Music 2.0 user I ran into the same crashing issue.
Please get the free 3.1.4.1 update from the Hyperion webside. It comes with a new audio.device which fixes exactly this issue.