Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: X-1000's?  (Read 491 times)

Description:

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: X-1000's?
« on: November 26, 2014, 06:10:57 AM »
Quote from: Blinx123;778259
Does it really matter? Neither 300 nor 1000 would be considerably profitable for any software dev. People are mainly doing it for the love of the platform.

I don't think it matters to any developer in the Amiga community if the number is 300, or 1,000, but I also don't agree with keeping the number a secret.  It obviously bothers some users and since it really isn't of any consequence one way or the other, my preference would be for A-Eon to release the numbers of sales and be proud of them, no matter what that number is.  It would remove one more tiny barrier between the users, and the decision makers, and I don't see any negative repercussions from releasing the sales numbers, but obviously Trevor & Matthew may have some other reason(s) I don't know about, or may not agree with, for why they do not wish to reveal those sales numbers.

I am a big supporter of both A-Eon and AmigaKit, but that does not mean that I won't express differing opinions of my own from time to time.  It does not mean that I won't disagree with some of their decisions occasionally.  But it also won't mean that I abandon supporting either of them or their companies, just because they do things differently than I might, if I were in their shoes.  They have information that I don't, plus they have their own opinions on what is best for each of their companies.

I wouldn't mind knowing how many other X1000 owners are out there, but it isn't a big deal if I don't know that number.  It's just curiosity that most people share, not enough users to make a difference to developers trying to decide if they are going to write code for any Amiga platform, or instead spend their time on a more profitable platform.  If they are worried about making any money, they are in the wrong place already.

IMO, releasing the number would only be beneficial and might encourage 1 or 2 additional X1000 sales.  I think that Trevor should be very proud of what he has accomplished.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 06:16:15 AM by amigadave »
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)