Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Robin Hood Legend of Sherwood - Beta Preview 2  (Read 341 times)

Description:

Offline WillemDrijverTopic starter

Robin Hood Legend of Sherwood - Beta Preview 2
« on: May 19, 2024, 09:00:45 PM »
I would like to share this 7 minute follow up video on the progress in the port/recode project of Robin Hood Legend of Sherwood point and click game to Amiga Platform using powerful Apollo V4 68080 and SAGA Chipset  features.

https://youtu.be/QUe80-VV1Qo

The following users thanked this post: Boing-ball

Offline Jeff

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Jeff
Re: Robin Hood Legend of Sherwood - Beta Preview 2
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2024, 09:13:12 PM »
It looks great!

Offline TribbleSmasher

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2024, 04:29:17 PM »
Willem, is there an estimate on the FPS rate you get throughout the game?

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2024, 08:09:49 AM »
Hi,

Framerate is still more dynamic than I want it to be, but my debug output gives trustworthy output on the milliseconds used for all parts in the main Gameloop and the FPS calculated from there is between 20FPS low and 40FPS high. These are measurements on the DEMO level and we do not have yet done any extensive measuring on the FULL game levels.

To optimize and stabilize FPS rate throughout the complete levels of the FULL game will for sure take some serious effort from me and others in the Team.

This is also the reason we are now reaching out to the Amiga community with our results on the DEMO level. Based on the responses we can decide on our roadmap, including spending all extra hours needed to get from current Beta 2 to a true high quality Release level.

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2024, 03:46:53 PM »
Wow! Looks awesome! I wouldn't believe this was running on an Amiga! 👍🏻

Any plans to port this over for PiStorm use?

Cheers 🍻

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2024, 04:06:12 PM »
Robin Hood Legend of Sherwood is currently no more than an experimental "proof-of-concept" to verify our believes we could make such a complex game run on classic Amiga (using Apollo V4 accelerator). Now that we are in a more mature stage of the proof-of-concept, we are inquiring within Amiga/Apollo community if there is enough genuine interest to bring this project to a next level. Based on the outcome of this inquiry we will make roadmap decisions, including other target platforms than Apollo V4 (like PiStorm).

The following users thanked this post: Boing-ball