Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MorphOS and wireless?  (Read 5652 times)

Description:

Offline save2600

• Show all replies
Re: MorphOS and wireless?
« on: March 22, 2011, 06:49:46 PM »
Quote from: maffoo;619386
That's a pain :( Looks like I'll have to find some sort of wireless bridge after all.

On a MacMini/MoprhOS system, I'm typing this from my wireless keyboard/mouse and sending wirelessly via a Netgear WNCE2001 Wireless Internet Adapter. Another $60 invested in this rig, but damn is it sweet! I'm sure there are cheaper solutions out there, but this thing is nice and tiny. As small as or smaller, than a radar detector (haven't seen what one of those things look like since the 90's). The adapter recognized my password protected wireless router and hooks via the ethernet port. Super speedy too. Here's a pic of my MorphOS setup:

http://www.amiga.org/gallery/index.php?n=3460

@CSixx...LOL! I just clicked on your Newegg link and yep, that's exactly what I bought at Best Buy today. Thought I'd take a chance on it and see if it worked. This thing is great. I love how small and portable it is. Can hook it to my Blu-Ray player now or my Airportless PowerMac I'm using as a music only "server" next to my drum kit for updates, iTunes authorizations, etc.

While MorphOS doesn't support Airport and Poseidon doesn't support any of these WiFi USB sticks,  at least there's wireless workaround solutions to be had!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 07:30:09 PM by save2600 »