Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New AGA SDL Development  (Read 35561 times)

Description:

Offline OlafS3

Re: New AGA SDL Development
« on: May 08, 2013, 10:18:06 AM »
I do not see it so pessimistic even if would have higher hardware requirements. There is the FPGA Arcade with 060 daughterboard and I think the hardware base even at real classic hardware users will rise from what it is now (I think 030 + AGA). Many others use emulation where speed is not a real problem. I have some of (or better almost all :-) ) "Amiga-Magazin" and even at that time (1990-1997) there were games who needed higher than average hardware (expecially 3D games) or AGA (in a time where A500 still was standard for gaming. I think the need that games had to run on slow hardware decently (because most users had A500 with two disc drives and no HD) was one of the reasons for the decline of the amiga-platform (perhaps even the most important one). We should not do the same mistake again.

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 12:59:09 PM »
I had a blank screen on aros vision too (when starting the test program). It would be fine if some of your great applications would work on aros 68k too.

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 01:09:56 PM »
I have the newest version at home (and not in office) and will test it then and report

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 03:57:12 PM »
we discovered the same with the z.library where obvious 68k and AmigaOS are identical, whereas MorphOS created a incompatible one (AROS devs solved it by creating a new one with different name). The mess is not only caused by classic people but also by NG people. Developers are not very interested in Crossplatform compatibility because they (in most cases) develop only for one platform.