Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Yipee! The new Worms 3 to be released for AmigaOne...  (Read 2342 times)

Description:

Offline Rudei

• Show all replies
Re: Yipee! The new Worms 3 to be released for AmigaOne...
« on: April 16, 2003, 09:02:56 AM »
I didn`t realise that Team17 had received a bashing when they decided that the Amiga made no more economic sense to them - that seems terribly unfair seeing as what they did for raising the profile of the Amiga with games that easily rivalled and outstripped the console games of the time!

For me, they were my favourite software house on the Amiga and were one of the reasons I persevered with it; their ethos of making quality games got me interested in serious applications (which eventually lead to me staying with the Amiga all this time) and Mr Brimble got me into mod writing in a big way!

Seems such a shame that they were given a slating - I really hope this damage is not ir-repairable and, if the Amiga made economic sense to them again, they wouldn`t base their decisions on what has happened in the past!

I still get the feeling that Team17 has affection for the Amiga platform - its mentioned loud and proud on their website where their roots were and their software history is also fully documented!

Isn`t everyone tired of all the arguing in the community?  I know I am

Regards

Rude!
2017 Camaro 2SS