Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Need assistance with A3000D ROM 3.1 upgrade  (Read 550 times)

Description:

Offline bjjones37Topic starter

• Show all replies
Need assistance with A3000D ROM 3.1 upgrade
« on: April 23, 2024, 02:17:19 AM »
I have and Amiga 3000D that I purchased a BigRAMPlus card for.  It is currently configured to softkick Kickstart 3.1.  When I put in the memory card to the Zorro slot at bootup it says that the card is defective.  I assumed that is was because I was using 1.4 to softkick 3.1.  So I purchased new 3.1 ROMs and installed them.  All I got was a black screen.  The installation picture provided by the vendor shows a different version of the motherboard than mine.  I have Rev 6.1. 

The example picture shows bare solder pads where the ROM jumpers are supposed to be. Mine has Jumpers J180 and J181 both jumpered 2-3. Do I need to remove these?

I have the Alpha 5 ROMs in sockets U182 and U183 on my Rev 6.1 board where example board is bare solder pads. Are any special modifications required? Because pulling out my ROMs (or should I have left them in?) and putting the 3.1 ROMs in U180 and U181 simply did not work.

If someone who has done this before can give me some tips I would appreciate it.
Any obstacle can be an opportunity, try a different perspective.

Offline bjjones37Topic starter

• Show all replies
Re: Need assistance with A3000D ROM 3.1 upgrade
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2024, 01:19:30 AM »
I have Superbuster-11.  I cannot remember how many Zorro slots I tried.  And when I put the Alpha 5 ROMs back in the A3000 softkicks just fine.  I would not even have bothered with buying the ROMs if the memory card had worked.

I had tried the same memory cards (have two) in my A4000 and it cannot see them at all.  At least the A3000 sees them as defective. I tried all of the Zorro slots on the A4000.  I tried probably two on the A3000.  I notified the vendor what my board version number was but he had no other instructions.
Any obstacle can be an opportunity, try a different perspective.