Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CommodoreUSA CEO Interview Answers being Release April 16th  (Read 19135 times)

Description:

Offline OlafS3

We will see...

Offline OlafS3

Re: CommodoreUSA CEO Interview Answers being Release April 16th
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 03:51:38 PM »
was it for sale?

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 04:16:22 PM »
Certainly "when it is done" :-)

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 02:16:20 PM »
AmigaOne is overprized (compared to standard hardware) but at least it has something to do with the community (in opposite to CUSA). And when you read their answers Barry clearly stated that he has not invested anything in any of the camps and is not interested to change that. So he can keep his money (and products) and does not nerve the community.

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 02:18:22 PM »
Even if he is not allowed to preinstall Aros he could have supported driver development and could have created a kind of "Aros ready" system. He did not and said it would be a "waste of money" so I do not see any link to the community.

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 02:44:54 PM »
I am sure they would not. Perhaps they would have created something similar to the Macs (PC+Linux-Kernel+own desktop).

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 04:07:12 PM »
It is his decision but I think even Aros could not have done anything if it would have been compatible. And noone could have done anything against them if they would have supported bounties. And even if they were not allowed to sell "Amigas" with preinstalled Aros they still could have sold Aros-PCs under another name similar to "AresOne".