Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Windows hosted AROS-Max, now available!  (Read 7079 times)

Description:

Offline JetFireDX

• Show only replies by JetFireDX
Re: Windows hosted AROS-Max, now available!
« Reply #44 from previous page: December 12, 2004, 01:19:15 AM »
This is good to see happening. I have tried AROS on every PC I have around the house as well as VirtualPC and QEmu on my PC and my Mac every time there was an update or a change in one of the emulators. It has always worked well for me and been speedy in Qemu. Nice to have it all in a tidy package though now.

Offline Holley

• Show only replies by Holley
    • http://www.Front-Runners.net
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2004, 08:16:28 PM »
Nice to know I'm not the only person that it 'just works' for :-D

17Gb moved today by the way (!)
\\"Sex, drugs and rock n\\\' roll are very good for you\\" - Ian Dury

Offline Cajun_Man

• Show only replies by Cajun_Man
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2004, 09:53:24 PM »
Well, I burned the ISO to a cd and apperantly the default mode of the nvidia choice is too much for my monitors as I get a screen mode out of range on both monitors I have hooked up to the 6800GT.

The first menu choice boots fine, but the 2nd one puts my monitors out of range.  I have a Samsung SyncMaster 192N LCD and a NEC MultiSync LCD1700V hooked up and both use a 31-80 Khz and 56-75 Hz, and the nvidia selection tries to use a much higher number than either of these monitors can handle.  

I tried hitting e on the boot menu on the second option, but didn't see anything I could edit that would not make the screenmode use a high frequency rate.  Plus I'm thinking on going back to a single monitor setup.  

I have noticed though when booting up the first option, after I try a few things it will suddenly quit responding.  The mouse pointer moves, but nothing on the screen will change and one time a line striped down the middle of the screen.  Happened once in the middle of one of the games, and once just as I quit another game.  I don't know if it has anything to do with I am running a AMD64 3500+ cpu with 1 Gig dual channel memory.  

Although I think this Motherboard may have a problem as I'm not getting the normal sounds you usually get when it boots up.  The problem was my fault as I did something that may have killed that part.   So as soon as I can replace the motherboard I'll try again and see if I still get that sudden lockup then.

« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2004, 12:33:09 AM »
@Cajun Man

Try assigning an IRQ to the VGA card in your BIOS, and set plug and play os to NO.

I had similar problems on another pc and that fixed it.

Offline Holley

• Show only replies by Holley
    • http://www.Front-Runners.net
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2004, 01:33:34 PM »
For the NVidia refresh rate, by default it is pretty high (like 70Hz or something).  I've only tried it using an LG StudioWorks 15" monitor, it worked but I had to adjust the settings to get it looking right.

I've had AROS running without a reboot on a vanilla Intel chipset machine without problems for 2 to 3 hours at a time, and only reset to clear stuff off the screen.  Let us know how you do with the IRQ and/or your new MB, hopefully it'll work better :-)
\\"Sex, drugs and rock n\\\' roll are very good for you\\" - Ian Dury

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2004, 07:19:33 PM »
SO!!!! How are people getting on?!?!? :-D

« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2004, 07:24:06 PM »

bloodline wrote:

I've been waiting for you to pop up! :-D

Have you had a play with it?

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2004, 11:53:21 PM »

mdma wrote:

bloodline wrote:

I've been waiting for you to pop up! :-D

Have you had a play with it?

I've been away for a week, we rented a small villa in France and set up a recording studio there, we got three songs recorded, great fun but I only got about 4 hours sleep a night... I'm totally drained :-(

No I've not tried your little Qemu thingie yet, as I have a machine dedicated to running AROS :-D... but I will as soon as I've recovered :-D