Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A little rebuff to global warming  (Read 4063 times)

Description:

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show all replies
Re: A little rebuff to global warming
« on: May 27, 2004, 05:05:21 PM »
Kill any keyboards lately? ;-)

Bobsonsirjonny wrote:
0.2 in global terms is huge. 1% increase and thats a whole load of life and eco systems {bleep}ted.

How is 0.02 on a Global scale huge? It is fact that the 20th century was not the hottest in the last 2,000 years. Asit was pointed out, it was MUCH hotter in the middle ages, much more than a 0.02 degree.

If that's the case and it was say a staggering 5 or so degrees hotter, wouldn't have all these doom and gloom predictions have already happened? Wouldn't we have never been born because the human race should no longer exist? The ice caps should be history, and North America should have long been under water. We'll that's not the case. American Indians, or Native Americans (whatever you prefer) have lived here for thousands of years. Right here in Florida there is at least 1200 years of history with mumified remains and historical artifacts. Florida is supposed to be the first under water, and it isn't.

I gotta call bullsh&t on the whole thing. It's scare tactics used by liberal politicians to control their sheep.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 05:23:40 PM »
BTW, this subject is brought up because of a liberal propoganda film about global warming. That reminds me, there were liberal propoganda films in the ~70's about the next ice age. Anyone remember the names of these films? I'd just LOVE to watch them now :lol:

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 06:21:03 PM »
@KennyR

Let's see. Al Gore, the liberal democrat who was almost elected president in 2000 is touting it as science fact. The makers of the film say they made it "To raise awareness of global warming". etc etc. Go to the movies tomorrow and listen to people as they walk out.

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004, 04:42:28 PM »
No Fade, but if you forgive me for saying so, the US was never a country where in general people had any great knowledge outside the movies.

Oh boy, here we go with the "stupid Americans" line again.

For instance, I guess now most Americans think it was Americans who captured the Enygma machine, that William Wallace spoke English and did it all for a woman called Murren, or that cowboys were all white men who had draw gunfights a lot.

Let's see you learned that where? Ih yeah, your local news, uni and Jerry Springer. I've said it before and I'll say it again. People should think for themselves, and not accept blingly the propoganda they are being fed.