Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What software for photo editing is there for Amiga today?  (Read 686 times)

Description:

Offline TronmanTopic starter

• Show all replies
What software for photo editing is there for Amiga today?
« on: February 07, 2024, 09:43:05 AM »
OK, I know this isn't strictly video, but still images; there didn't seem to be a more specific place than desktop audio and video, so here goes..

I'm a photographer and I shoot with Fujifilm X system gear.  I run Linux but am becoming disenchanted with it, and with the opensource software, Darktable, that I use to edit my photos.

So, since I still miss my Amiga after all these years, I'm wondering if there is any modern day software that can edit Fujifilm RAF (raw image files) from X-Trans sensor cameras?  Video capability would be a nice bonus, but I'm primarily a stills shooter. Back in the '90s I used ImageFX quite a bit.  I've even still got my boxed CD copy that I bought at Amigan St. Louis, I think it was in 1998.

So I'd need to be able to edit the photos, and I'm wondering what there is available for digital asset management, as in tagging and cataloging all those photos-several hundred thousand of them.

I'm not expecting this to become my daily driver next week, but if opensource won't work out, I'd rather give an Amiga developer my money than to Adobe and Microsoft.  Or especially not Apple, they already have $200,000,000,000 behind them via the untaxed hedge fund by which they're wholly owned.

I miss working on my Amiga.  The ease of use, the icon tooltypes, being actually able to get my head around the OS and fixing it myself when there was a problem.

Offline TronmanTopic starter

• Show all replies
Re: What software for photo editing is there for Amiga today?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2024, 05:16:47 AM »
I forgot about Photogenics!!  Man, I might still have the floppy disc demo from the '90s Amiga mag, I think it was version 4.

Every Sunday, my girlfriend/later wife and I would drive to Barnes and Noble to buy the latest Amiga Format, Amiga Power, etc. magazines.  I think I still have the AF Demo CDs from back in the day.  I know I have the 2x NEC SCSI CDROM drive on which I used to play them-as well as a number of the caddies it took.