Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Two former commercials products released as open source by it's author  (Read 2659 times)

Description:

Offline kamelitoTopic starter

Two former commercials products released as open source by it's author.
UIK : User Interface Kit for Amiga OS - An object engine : https://github.com/JeanMichelForgeas/UIK
Azur : Text editor for Amiga OS : https://github.com/JeanMichelForgeas/AZur

Thanks goes to Jean-Michel Forgeas who have decided to Open Source it's programs.

It will be good to put that info as news.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 10:16:50 PM by kamelito »

The following users thanked this post: klx300r

Offline carvedeye

• Show only replies by carvedeye
Awesome :)
A1200T: M1230XA 50Mhz 68030 w/64mb,DVDRom, 80gb hdd, Realtek LAN Card, Mediator LT4 + Radeon 9250 128mb(used for fast ram), Spider USB Card, Voodoo 3 3000 OS 3.9 +bb 1-3

One more !!!

https://github.com/JeanMichelForgeas/OO

Object Organizer - A multi-OS object engine

The object engine is made of objects, with library objects specific to each OS when necessary. Applications source code can then be OS free by using OO objects. For now, the engine and the tests compile and run on Amiga and Windows.

OO is based on ideas from Boopsi and goes farther in object handling, events notifications, building applications, portability... Objects have single inheritance (like java, unlike c++). Entire applications can be OO driven, even with no UI. Entire application object tree can be declared as just data, then let OO instantiate all. The next planned step was to read the application description from a text file, and transform it to a data objects tree. All this opens the door for an application builder... A 3D engine is provided as objects, like handler, space, solid, camera (simple), light, mike, speaker, ... Objects attributes modifications can send notifications to others, with attributs mappings, functions mappings, to achieve automatic application processing.

Even if the code is well tested the product was not released because of Commodore stopping Amiga.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 10:55:59 AM by kamelito »

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
this is great news thanks for posting  ;D
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:

Back in the day I was reading in the press about Azuz and UIK I was amazed.
Maybe if UIK was published in English it would have be more used and who knows could have been the MUI we know. UIK is faster though :)
I was unable to find any binaries of Jean-Michel Forgeas work and I decided to track him down and ask him to release it’s work as open source which he kindly agreed and I thank him for that.
He also worked on :
PrinterStealer, Record-Replay, Pere-et-Fils, iff2c, AZ, Vectors, Wbgauge see Fred Fish disks.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 08:42:00 AM by kamelito »

Offline Matt_H

Back in the day I was reading in the press about Azuz and UIK I was amazed.
Maybe if UIK was published in English it would have be more used and who knows could have been the MUI we know. UIK is faster though :)
I was unable to find any binaries of Jean-Michel Forgeas work and I decided to track him down and ask him to release it’s work as open source which he kindly agreed and I thank him for that.
He also worked on :
PrinterStealer, Record-Replay, Pere-et-Fils, iff2c, AZ, Vectors, Wbgauge see Fred Fish disks.

I hadn't ever heard of any of the newly released programs, but I recognize AZ as a great text editor from the 1.3 era. I guess AZur is its successor? Would be interesting to get all this built and play around with it.

Hi
If you find AZ to be a great text editor you’ll be amazed by Azur :)