Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tablets  (Read 3313 times)

Description:

Offline tone007

Re: Tablets
« on: June 13, 2011, 06:52:46 PM »
I had been going around with an el-cheapo $99 Android tablet from the local pharmacy and a separate Android phone, but when the phone started to show its age I went with one of these: http://www.dell.com/us/p/mobile-streak/pd?refid=mobile-streak&s=dhs&cs=19

Still small enough (just barely) to fit into a pants pocket comfortably, and so much more usable than the smaller-screened phone I had been using.  Also, much faster than the cheap tablet, so I've replaced two devices with one.

edit: Firefox Mobile isn't all that great, the Operas and Dolphin Browsers are better in my opinion.
3 Commodore file cabinets, 2 Commodore USB turntables, 1 AmigaWorld beer mug
Alienware M14x i7 laptop running AmigaForever

Offline tone007

Re: Tablets
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 07:55:11 PM »
Quote from: persia;644878
I've got an iPhone, 2 iPads, 3 iPods and a couple Chinese Android tablets.  Running Froyo you still can't stick your apps on a memory card unless the original author allows you.  It sucks.

That's why you buy a tablet with a nice big internal storage!

Seriously though, unless an app has a crazy amount of data most of them are tiny.  I had a bunch of stuff installed onto a microSD card in my old phone and at one point had to remove the card, somehow it ended up breaking a bunch of shortcuts I'd created.  Better to stay internal if possible, I think, unless you're looking at games with 100mb of data and want to install to microSD anyway.
3 Commodore file cabinets, 2 Commodore USB turntables, 1 AmigaWorld beer mug
Alienware M14x i7 laptop running AmigaForever