Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Poll

What is your favorite String Theory Model?

osonic (closed or open)
7 (22.6%)

3 (9.7%)
IA
3 (9.7%)
IB
3 (9.7%)
O
4 (12.9%)
E
3 (9.7%)
8 (25.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: June 17, 2011, 05:29:47 PM

Author Topic: Which is your favorite string theory model?  (Read 6950 times)

Description:

Offline Dandy

• Show all replies
    • http://www.wiehltalbahn.de/en/
Re: Which is your favorite string theory model?
« on: July 27, 2011, 01:17:03 PM »
Quote from: TheBilgeRat;643250

And if you don't agree with mine, then F*** You! :laughing:

I chose M because that one's dimensions goes to eleven.

I didn't vote because my favourite theory isn't listed. It's the theory of the disabled German physicist Burkhard Heim (1925 - 2001). Due to his handicaps (he had lost both hands and most of his ability to see, as well as most of his hearing in an accident in 1944) he developed his theory in private - aside from the mainstream physics. Therefor his work hadn't been published in scientific journals for peer review and hasn't been translated into English, either.

You can get a good overview of his works here:
http://www.heim-theory.com/Contents/contents.html

Burkhard Heim completed his theory - that he already had designed in the fiftees of the last century - together with the Viennese physicist Walter Dröscher in 1996.
While the Heim Theory (HT) already had 6 dimensions, the Enhanced Uniform Quantum Field Theory of Burkhard Heim and Walter Dröscher (EHT) has 12.

The thories relating to energy radiation of warm and hot bodies of W. Wien (1896) on the one hand and of J. W. Rayleigh and J. H. Jeans (1900) on the other hand delivered wrong results. In 1900 Max Planck eliminated
the discrepancies by the introduction of the Planck constant h.

Albert Einstein in his theories of relativity replaced the familiar 'Euclidian Space', which is identified by linear coordinates, with a bent space-time - the so-called non-Euclidean 'Minkowski Space'. (The term 'space' is used more universally in physics than in everyday life.)

In the course of time physicists discovered 4 fundamental interactions, which are attributed with certain coupling constants that cling together the  building blocks of matter:  electromagnetism, gravitation, weak interaction
(effective in the atomic shell) and strong interaction (effective in the nucleus).

So far all attempts to attribute those four interacting forces to one single force (that is to say to explain the different manifestations of inanimated nature with one common organising principle) failed.

Subsequently the milestones of theoretical physics are listed in historical order:

- Max Planck (quantisation)

- Albert Einstein (theories of relativity, geometrysation of matter, enhancement of 3-dimensional space R3 to 4-dimensional space-time R4, geometrysation of gravitation, which is explained as bending the 4-dimensional space-time).

- Theodor Kaluza and Oskar Klein (first attempt of unification of Quantum theory and thory of relativity)

- Roger Penrose (Twistor-Theory: another attempt of unification)

- Salam-Weinberg-Model (synopsis of electromagnetism and weak interaction)

- Quantenelektrodynamik (theory of strong interaction)

- Grand Unification Theory (GUT, synopsis of the Salam-Weinberg-Model and quantum chromodynamics , that is to say synopsis of three interactions without gravitation. These three interactions are described by linear coordinates and are within a Euclidian Space)

- Supergravity Theory (synopsis of all four interacting forces, but still erroneous, as the violation of parity law by neutrinos is not explained: the thory delivers both 'chiralities' (rotational direction), only neutrinos with
left-hand twist have been found so far)

- Superstring Theory (advancement of the Supergravity Theory, solution of the parity issue; but the spectra of the elementary particles and the dimensions of the coupling constants can't be derived)

- Theory by Burkhard Heim: elementary structures of matter (Elementarstrukturen der Materie) (enhancement of the four dimensional space R4 to a six dimensional space R6. Complete derivation of the spectra of the elementary particles, but not yet of the of the coupling constants)

- Theory by Burkhard Heim and Walter Dröscher: structures of the physical world and its immaterial side (Strukturen der physikalischen Welt und ihrer nichtmateriellen Seite). (enhancement of the R6 to an R12, as B. Heim already begun in his original work, but didn't finish it; derivation of the coupling constants).

In agreement with testresults, Heim Theory delivers the following results:

- Proof of equity of inertia and mass (A. Einstein was looking for this proof in vain).

- Mass, spin, isospin, charge, strangeness, half-life of elementary particles and their antiparticles, radioactivity

- Explanation of gravity

- Fine structure constant

- Explanation of wave-particle-dualism

- Derivation of the uncertainty principle

- Explanation of the formation of time and cosmos

Heim's polyvalent logic results in at least four layers of existence that are distinguishable of each other, with individual logic structures that are hierarchically ordered and are interdependent with each other:

- Physis (nature)
- Bios (life)
- Psyche
- Pneuma

Heim theory is NOT in agreement with the conceptions of Ontology (philosophical study of the nature of being, existence or reality as such, as well as the basic categories of being and their relations) of I. Kant and many
other philosophers, but with that of the philosopher Nicolai Hartmann, who distinguished between an inorganic, an rganic, an psychological and an intellectual layer of existence. To Heim accordingly applies a quadruple contouring, where all structural fragments are interdependent with each other:

- Pneuma (mental, intellectual layer)
- Psyche (animalistic-emotional layer)
- Bios (vegetative layer)
- Physis (mineral layer)

Here the layers of existence are arranged that way, that the upper ones are superior to the lower ones with regard to the control system. Already the famous German physicist Werner Heisenberg pointed out that it is in contradiction to quantum physics if one beliefs that life processes could be exclusively explained with physical laws and lives without assuming a second layer of existence (like many biologists and biochemists do).

At Princeton University it has been experimentally proven by R. G. Jahn (R. G. Jahn: The peristent paradox of psychic phenomena. Proc. IEEE 70, 136-170 (1982)) that activities in our world (called R4 in Heim theory) are controlled from beyond space-time (from G4 according to Heim).

EDIT:
Format corrected
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 01:23:34 PM by Dandy »
All the best,

Dandy

Website maintained by me

If someone enjoys marching to military music, then I already despise him. He got his brain accidently - the bone marrow in his back would have been sufficient for him! (Albert Einstein)

Offline Dandy

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 06:41:01 PM »
Quote from: Franko;651880

@ Dandy

Wow... I was going to read all that but me brain committed harry karry after the first sentence... :D

Really?
What was so upsetting in "I didn't vote because my favourite theory isn't listed."?
 :D
All the best,

Dandy

Website maintained by me

If someone enjoys marching to military music, then I already despise him. He got his brain accidently - the bone marrow in his back would have been sufficient for him! (Albert Einstein)

Offline Dandy

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 06:34:27 AM »
Quote from: Franko;651917

Nah... it wasn't "upsetting" more like "mind numbing"... :D

:D

Quote from: Franko;651917

Anywhoo, "String Theory" is the biggest load of bullocks since my grannie had a theory about her thread collection... ;)

In this case I recommend to read a bit further into Heim theory - perhaps HT/EHT are more appealing to you than String theory...
All the best,

Dandy

Website maintained by me

Offline Dandy

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 10:16:07 AM »
Quote from: Tripitaka;654139

One of those inspired by Heim (among others) was Nassim Haramein. His website http://theresonanceproject.org/    has papers for laymen and scientists alike. If he is right (and the LHC may well establish this at least in part quite soon) then we need no weak or strong force at all. I like his way of looking at things, take a look if your interested.
Just for the record, I'm about half way through a BaSci(Hons) at the moment myself. It's an open degree with a lot of physics and astronomy (some astrobiology too), great fun.

Thanks for the link, mate!
I will read about that more in detail later on.
It certainly sounds interesting at a first glance.
But where did you get it from that he was inspired by Heim?
All the best,

Dandy

Website maintained by me