Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Guess who's gone all 64bit!!!!!  (Read 4826 times)

Description:

Offline X-ray

• Show all replies
Re: Guess who's gone all 64bit!!!!!
« on: January 20, 2005, 06:53:20 PM »
@ Bloodline

Do you reckon that video is real? I mean do you reckon that the chip came off the mobo at that rate by itself, and blew a hole in the table (1cm wood by the looks of things) without the mobo lifting?

I am a bit skeptical.

Offline X-ray

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2005, 07:11:47 PM »
But what blew the hole in the table? All the chip pieces went up. I can't believe that gas blast alone blew a hole through the mobo and the table, without the mobo moving. I reckon that video was staged.

Offline X-ray

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2005, 07:56:18 PM »
I fully accept that, my good man, but you still haven't told me how that little pop could have blown a hole in the mobo AND the table underneath.
I don't profess to be an explosives expert, but I have done a few crazy things as a kid and the products of the explosion always follow the path of least resistance. I used to set off matchbox bombs that were taped inside a sealed tin that was one third filled with fuel, by means of an air rifle from a safe distance. The bang was...well...quite something. The surface upon which the charge rested was scorched, but undamaged even though the tin was shredded and the lid could not be found. So what I'm saying is, you've got a charge resting on a laminated surface (mobo plus table) and the only resistance it has is the chip itself. The chip goes up, which is understandable, but there's no way a little pop like that can blow a hole through a mobo and a table so precisely, especially when the main blast escapes vertically in the path of least resistance.

Offline X-ray

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2005, 07:57:58 PM »
"...I wonder how much difference the similarly clocked Athlon 64 would actually make over the Athlon 2800+ I'm running now? Haven't really seen a site that adequately explains the difference in real-world terms..."

-----------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to see actual raytracing benchmarks on this. There has to be a real incentive for me to buy 64bit, and raytracing is the main one for me.

Offline X-ray

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2005, 08:12:06 AM »
".. a packet of condoms (ribbed, for her pleasure!)..."

-----------------------------------------------------------

No ways, mate. I turn that inside out and it's ribbed for MY pleasure  :-P