Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 79 available systems for MorphOS 3.5  (Read 51754 times)

Description:

Offline nicholas

Re: 73 available systems for MorphOS 3.2
« on: June 12, 2013, 02:39:53 PM »
http://www.geit.de/eng_grunch.html

No MorphOS install should be without it. :)
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 06:35:07 PM »
Quote from: ChaosLord;737641
I wish you would list how much chipram each of the Macs in your list comes with.

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/index-apple-specs-applespec.html

You can always upgrade the graphics card in a PowerMac G4/G5 if you want a better one.

http://ebay.com/search?cad=1&so=12&isNewKw=true&cmd=SREF&call=1&acimp=0&kw=radeon+mac&mfs=SBCLK
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 10:19:59 PM »
FWIW my PowerBook 5,8 has 128MB video RAM and a 1440x900 display.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 11:22:36 AM »
Sigh. Looks like the dirt-cheap 2.3GHz Dual Core G5 I justacquiredis notsupported.Oh well. Maybe it will be in the future. So many systems are now supportedthatweren'tbefore. There's hope.

You can replace the Nvidia card with a Radeon, just search for Radeon Mac on eBay.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 08:54:10 PM »
Quote from: AppleIIGuy;738523
So I was looking at the supported HW list and morphos doesnt support usb based wifi dongles? searching the google did not come up with anything for WiFi other than Ethernet to wifi bridges.

Atheros 5xxx based PCCards are the only devices supported. I use a Netgear WG511T and it works great with WPA2.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 02:35:52 PM »
Quote from: Everblue;747589
I tried installing Morphos on my iBook G4, and it didn't work. So "all iBook G4s" work is a lie.

I think calling it a lie is a bit harsh, more like an honest mistake.  The team were not aware that some models had problems installing 3.2 until after it was released to the public.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 05:59:18 PM »
Quote from: Everblue;747608
Well the least they could do, seeing that they fixed it, is release an updated iso, instead of making me wait until 3.3.

Have you paid for it? If not then they are not obliged to do anything for you.  Patience is a virtue not many are blessed with.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 07:00:36 PM »
Quote from: ferrellsl;747613
There's simply no reason for me to buy a system to run MorphOS or even OS4 for that matter.

FTFY.

None of the NG systems have a productivity suite or even a browser that is useful enough to read the news!

That's not true at all, Odyssey beats Firefox 22 on html5test.com. It's faster too.

You guys keep right on buying those MOS licenses and keep holding your breath while waiting for some useful applications.  Simply ridiculous.....

What's your hobby?

Offline nicholas

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 07:36:52 PM »
Quote from: ferrellsl;747632
You obviously didn't read my earlier post.  I HAVE used MOS and OS4 on a PegII and my remarks still stand.

No they don't. By your own admission you haven't used MOS for five years.

Even if what you said was true, so what. We like fiddling with 25 year old hardware and modern clones of its operating system for our own pleasure.

Some like doing the same with old cars or train sets etc

If you don't enjoy the things this forum is designed to facilitate the discussion of then why do you visit and post? Serious question, I'm genuinely interested as to why.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 07:38:19 PM »
Quote from: Everblue;747634
The iBook yes. Because they said all are compatible. So I bought one.

You haven't paid a penny to the MOS team so they are not obliged to provide you with anything.

Like I said, patience is a virtue.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2013, 07:56:07 PM »
Quote from: Everblue;747638
I didn't buy an iBook hoping that some day it will be compatible. I bought an iBook because THEY said it is compatible. It has nothing to do with virtue, it is about being responsible.

You bought a machine for peanuts and have been given a free demo to test if your hardware is compatible. You discover it isn't, you report it, the team acknowledge the bug with your specific hardware and promise to fix it and release a bug fixed version when it's done.

I fail to see the drama here.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013, 08:52:30 PM »
I mostly use my PowerBook with MOS 3.2 for 90% of my day to day stuff and to get my geek on.

I don't use my Linux and MacBookPro machines that much anymore unless I have some specific task to do like using Logic Pro.

I ssh into them from MOS most of the time recently.

Admittedly I only use computers for nerdy activities mostly and web browsing/gmail.

If I was using them for work again I'd be using the Linux machines not the PowerBook.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2014, 03:00:54 PM »
Quote from: eliyahu;759042
done. :)

-- eliyahu

It needs to say 3.5 in the thread title but it says 3.2. :)

Offline nicholas

Re: 79 available systems for MorphOS 3.5
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2014, 01:50:00 AM »
Quote from: AmigaClassicRule;759232
That is not important for me. I d not care if MorphOS supports even more laptop models...this is the laptop model I want and I will buy and use for MorphOS:

Apple A1107 17" 1.67MGz Aluminum PowerBook G4 Laptop 160GB HD 2GB Mem Superdrive

In a month from now I will order this version of laptop and in two weeks from now I will buy MorphOS 3.5.

You need to buy the laptop first before you can buy a MorphOS licence for it. ;)