Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 79 available systems for MorphOS 3.5  (Read 51697 times)

Description:

Offline takemehomegrandmaTopic starter

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
Re: 73 available systems for MorphOS 3.2
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2013, 10:40:49 AM »
Quote from: jdryyz;737851
Yes, that is the one and it does come with an Nvidia card.

I was curious if it was just the video card that makes it incompatible but it might be something else.

It's a different motherboard (with PCIe GFX cards instead of AGP) with a different chipset and a different CPU. A different computer altogether. I hope this will be supported in the future, provided the MorphOS support for the PPC line will be extended further, because it's IMHO the most interesting G5 computers!

:)
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline AppleIIGuy

• Show only replies by AppleIIGuy
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2013, 11:34:39 AM »
So I was looking at the supported HW list and morphos doesnt support usb based wifi dongles? searching the google did not come up with anything for WiFi other than Ethernet to wifi bridges.

Offline Boot_WB

• Show only replies by Boot_WB
    • http://www.hullchimneyservices.co.uk
Re: Power Macintosh G5
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2013, 08:42:13 PM »
Quote from: Dr.Bongo;736229
sinks back into his apple-hating hole, away from sunlight and people

Yup, that sounds like Cleethorpes. ;-)

EDIT: Sorry for the thread necromancy, was just re-reading the thread and just couldn't resist the bait.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 08:44:44 PM by Boot_WB »
Mac Mini G4 (1.5GHz, 64MB VRam, 1GB Ram): MorphOS 3.6
Powerbook 5.8 (15", 1.67GHz, 128MB VRam, 1GB Ram): MorphOS 3.8.

Windows-free since 2011-2014 (Damn you Netflix!)

Offline nicholas

« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2013, 08:54:10 PM »
Quote from: AppleIIGuy;738523
So I was looking at the supported HW list and morphos doesnt support usb based wifi dongles? searching the google did not come up with anything for WiFi other than Ethernet to wifi bridges.

Atheros 5xxx based PCCards are the only devices supported. I use a Netgear WG511T and it works great with WPA2.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline Everblue

• Show only replies by Everblue
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2013, 01:42:19 PM »
I tried installing Morphos on my iBook G4, and it didn't work. So "all iBook G4s" work is a lie.

Offline itix

• Show only replies by itix
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2013, 02:21:51 PM »
Quote from: Everblue;747589
I tried installing Morphos on my iBook G4, and it didn't work. So "all iBook G4s" work is a lie.

Yep, you probably have to wait for MorphOS 3.3.
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook

Offline nicholas

« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2013, 02:35:52 PM »
Quote from: Everblue;747589

I think calling it a lie is a bit harsh, more like an honest mistake.  The team were not aware that some models had problems installing 3.2 until after it was released to the public.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline Everblue

• Show only replies by Everblue
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2013, 04:50:47 PM »
Well the least they could do, seeing that they fixed it, is release an updated iso, instead of making me wait until 3.3.

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2013, 05:28:58 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;736266
What happened the SAM460 that was being ported onto?

That has stalled, but I'm sure they will get back to it.
As all the developers have full time jobs, their time is limited.

BTW, right now is a great time to buy an iBook.
Several 1.42 Ghz models are available right now on eBay.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline ferrellsl

« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2013, 05:58:30 PM »
Wow, I can't believe so many people here are lauding the use of a backward OS on a whopping 73 systems that are so obsolete that it's laughable. Those systems are 8+ years out of date.  If you're looking for nostalgia, get a classic system or emulate using one of the UAE variants.  There's simply no reason to buy a system to run MorphOS or even OS4 for that matter.  None of the NG systems have a productivity suite or even a browser that is useful enough to read the news! You guys keep right on buying those MOS licenses and keep holding your breath while waiting for some useful applications.  Simply ridiculous.....

Offline nicholas

« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2013, 05:59:18 PM »
Quote from: Everblue;747608
Well the least they could do, seeing that they fixed it, is release an updated iso, instead of making me wait until 3.3.

Have you paid for it? If not then they are not obliged to do anything for you.  Patience is a virtue not many are blessed with.

Offline motrucker

« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2013, 06:39:10 PM »
I never thought I would use an Apple in any way, shape, or form. Looks like I was wrong since the Mac G4 I was given is on this list. This may prove quite interesting......
A2000 GVP 40MHz \'030, 21Mb RAM SD/FF, 2 floppies, internal CD-ROM drive, micromys v3 w/laser mouse
A1000 Microbotics Starboard II w/2Mb 1080, & external floppy (AIRdrive)
C-128 w/1571, 1750, & Final Cartridge III+

Offline yssing

• Show only replies by yssing
    • http://www.yssing.org
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2013, 06:49:31 PM »
Quote from: ferrellsl;747613
Wow, I can't believe so many people here are lauding the use of a backward OS on a whopping 73 systems that are so obsolete that it's laughable. Those systems are 8+ years out of date.
While that might be true, it is currently the only option, I think, if you want to run MOS, AOS4.x is an other matter.

There's simply no reason to buy a system to run MorphOS or even OS4 for that matter.  None of the NG systems have a productivity suite or even a browser that is useful enough to read the news!

That is really so wrong, if you think this to honestly be true, then your information is outdated.

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2013, 06:53:28 PM »
Quote from: AppleIIGuy;738523

The Netgear WNCE2001 adapter works fine as it doesn't require drivers.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline nicholas

« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2013, 07:00:36 PM »
There's simply no reason for me to buy a system to run MorphOS or even OS4 for that matter.

FTFY.

None of the NG systems have a productivity suite or even a browser that is useful enough to read the news!

That's not true at all, Odyssey beats Firefox 22 on html5test.com. It's faster too.

You guys keep right on buying those MOS licenses and keep holding your breath while waiting for some useful applications.  Simply ridiculous.....

What's your hobby?

Offline ferrellsl

« Reply #89 from previous page: September 11, 2013, 07:00:51 PM »
Quote from: yssing;747621
While that might be true, it is currently the only option, I think, if you want to run MOS, AOS4.x is an other matter.

That is really so wrong, if you think this to honestly be true, then your information is outdated.

No, it isn't outdated.  I bought a PegII and a license for MOS back in 2008 and played with it for about 4 months and then bought OS4 for it as well.  I waited, and waited, and waited for a decent web browser or some useful productivity software to emerge but here we are 5 years later and it's the same story.  Sure, there have been some slight advances in OWB and bug riddled Timberwolf, but still nothing that anyone can use on a daily basis without lots of frustration.  I finally boxed up the entire lot and let it sit in my garage for a couple years and then finally sold it.  As for OS4 systems such as the X1000, it's the same story......"new" old hardware at an outrageous price.  An X1000 performs on the same level as systems from 2005-2007, so claiming that the situation is better for OS4 users in regard to new hardware is laughable.