Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A-EON Technology acquires OctaMED  (Read 31331 times)

Description:

Online amigakitTopic starter

Re: A-EON Technology acquires OctaMED
« Reply #89 from previous page: February 19, 2015, 04:56:42 PM »
@wawrzon

A-EON gets a lot of feedback from parties that are never likely to buy any products from A-EON. However, it is more sensible to listen to the genuinely prospective customers and existing customers. If you were missed out, then it's never too late to send an email to A-EON with your ideas.

If you consider some of the software tech that A-EON has recently commissioned, such as the RadeonHD v2 drivers,  that was ground breaking for the Amiga and propels the Amiga to the forefront on compatibility with the latest RadeonHD R5 R7 and R9 graphics cards. I consider that very innovative for this computing platform :)
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2015, 05:25:00 PM »
Quote from: Niding;784896
wawrzon, you talk like AeonKit owes you something, like we are entitled to any software they develop/upgrade/aquire and on every "amiga" platform....?

is that an argument you intend to be using towards anyone who posts anything else than dancing bananas?

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2015, 05:39:59 PM »
Quote from: amigakit;784899
@wawrzon

A-EON gets a lot of feedback from parties that are never likely to buy any products from A-EON. However, it is more sensible to listen to the genuinely prospective customers and existing customers. If you were missed out, then it's never too late to send an email to A-EON with your ideas.

if all what you target is your existing customer base then its probably the right strategy. what concerns interesting ideas i dont need to write any emails, its all in the open, like the current independent developments around fpga accelerators.

If you consider some of the software tech that A-EON has recently commissioned, such as the RadeonHD v2 drivers,  that was ground breaking for the Amiga and propels the Amiga to the forefront on compatibility with the latest RadeonHD R5 R7 and R9 graphics cards. I consider that very innovative for this computing platform :)

i dont know. im not getting so hot about 2d rtg support even if it applies to latest cards, which whole justification would usually be 3d gaming if only the base platform was fast enough and software base openly available. for the time being i can live stuck with voodoo3 in mediator.

Offline Niding

• Show only replies by Niding
« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2015, 05:41:51 PM »
No.

I have no issue with people finding the PPC path inefficient and too expensive to justify for hobby habits, myself included, but I dont see why I should be sour about people/companies disagreeing with me.

If AeonKit wants to invest in xyz anicent program and even upgrading it, then why should I be negative about it? Atm Im completely indifferent to it, until they release a upgraded version. Until that happens I have Octamed Studiosound on my old A1200 working just fine.

The word that keeps coming back to me when reading posts on this forum is "entitlement".

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2015, 05:49:35 PM »
Quote from: Niding;784904
No.

I have no issue with people finding the PPC path inefficient and too expensive to justify for hobby habits, myself included, but I dont see why I should be sour about people/companies disagreeing with me.

im not sour. i just think the strategy is as beneficent for the amiga scene as it was for os4 and have commented on that.

If AeonKit wants to invest in xyz anicent program and even upgrading it, then why should I be negative about it? Atm Im completely indifferent to it, until they release a upgraded version. Until that happens I have Octamed Studiosound on my old A1200 working just fine.

im as much interested as you, it was only an example observation.

The word that keeps coming back to me when reading posts on this forum is "entitlement".

as you wish.

Offline Darth_X

• Show only replies by Darth_X
« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2016, 03:19:43 PM »
Quote from: amigakit;784361
A-EON Technology Ltd is pleased to announce that it has concluded the purchase of the source code and exclusive rights to develop, publish and distribute MED, OctaMED and OctaMED SoundStudio for the AmigaOS and Amiga-inspired operating systems, including MorphOS, AROS and emulation from the current owner Ray Burt Frost. As part of the sale agreement A-EON has the exclusive right to use the MED, OctaMED and OctaMED SoundStudio in all product marketing, promotion and branding for AmigaOS and Next-Generation AmigaOS inspired versions including emulation.

Read More Here  

PDF News Release

I've been away for a while, I'd like to know what happened to PC version of MED Sound Studio.

Offline polyp2000

• Show only replies by polyp2000
    • https://soundcloud.com/polyp/sets/polyp-2013
« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2018, 08:41:13 AM »
aquired in 2015 and what do we have to show for it  ?

Offline F0LLETT

• Amigakit / A-EON Support
  • Administrator
    • Show only replies by F0LLETT
    • Ultimate Amiga
« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2018, 09:14:38 AM »
OctaMED player has been ported to OS4.x

I too am waiting for main program port. People have said they would do it, then vanish.
So something has been done and I won't stop going on about getting it ported.
Quote from: Hungry Horace
Resolute and Industrious Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Ultimate Amiga Network (Home of SONY PSP Amiga Emulator and AMOS Factory)

Quote from:  He who shall not be named
"Chris is that you!!!"
My all time favorite quote.

Offline Wilse

« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2018, 10:06:08 AM »
Given all the water that's flowed under the bridge thus far, I doubt a fully functional OctaMED for OS4 will ever see the light of day.
Even if it does, most of us bedroom music producers gave up waiting on it years ago and moved to something else.

Don't get me wrong, I'd probably still buy a copy but more out of curiosity and nostalgia than any real likelihood of using it to produce music. I've been using other tools on other platforms for that for well over a decade now.

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2018, 12:45:43 PM »
I know that it is bought to sell the PPC hardware but from a economic view would it not make more sense to stay 68k and update/bugfix/improve what is there? For classic users it would be more interesting and it would still run on PPC hardware, at least in emulation, in best case even on petunia. If you want PPC native versions you have to invest lots of time (and thus money) to get it reworked and to replace asm parts, lots of work and no real new features and thus no reason to buy it.

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #99 on: September 04, 2018, 12:49:37 PM »
of course not

there are very few experienced developers left and you certainly need a lot of work to get it compile and run natively on PPC. And then there are only few users willing to buy it. In my view it would be better to use what is there and not try to get it running native on PPC. It is propably easier to write it from scratch then trying to rework the old sources (propably banging hardware, using asm routines and so on)

Offline number6

« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2018, 02:47:10 PM »

I too am waiting for main program port. People have said they would do it, then vanish.

If you don't mind my asking and are willing to reply, what is the status of the A-eon purchase in January 2015 of ImageFX?

Offline kolla

« Reply #101 on: September 05, 2018, 01:52:28 AM »
AROS has ported lots of software from 68k to portable C and build for x86 etc.

If you want software to survive, sources must be provided to the willing without them needing to jump through tight hoops and rings of fire.
B5D6A1D019D5D45BCC56F4782AC220D8B3E2A6CC
---
A3000/060CSPPC+CVPPC/128MB + 256MB BigRAM/Deneb USB
A4000/CS060/Mediator4000Di/Voodoo5/128MB
A1200/Blz1260/IndyAGA/192MB
A1200/Blz1260/64MB
A1200/Blz1230III/32MB
A1200/ACA1221
A600/V600v2/Subway USB
A600/Apollo630/32MB
A600/A6095
CD32/SX32/32MB/Plipbox
CD32/TF328
A500/V500v2
A500/MTec520
CDTV
MiSTer, MiST, FleaFPGAs and original Minimig
Peg1, SAM440 and Mac minis with MorphOS

Offline F0LLETT

• Amigakit / A-EON Support
  • Administrator
    • Show only replies by F0LLETT
    • Ultimate Amiga
« Reply #102 on: September 05, 2018, 09:17:26 AM »

If you don't mind my asking and are willing to reply, what is the status of the A-eon purchase in January 2015 of ImageFX?

If Im honest, ImageFX has never interested me personally. So I could not comment on its status.
Quote from: Hungry Horace
Resolute and Industrious Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Ultimate Amiga Network (Home of SONY PSP Amiga Emulator and AMOS Factory)

Quote from:  He who shall not be named
"Chris is that you!!!"
My all time favorite quote.

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #103 on: September 05, 2018, 10:46:28 AM »
Octamed SS, as a generally system friendly app already runs just fine on OS4 on the BlizzPPC. I also ran it fine on my A1XE (before it died), by using "The Marstrix" AHI redirection tool for faking a Maestro sound card which is one of the built in output options for mix mode.

Worth noting that on a graphics card, it works best on it's own 8-bit screen rather than just running it on a copy of the workbench screen mode.
int p; // A

Offline Wilse

« Reply #104 on: October 31, 2018, 10:45:55 AM »
Octamed SS, as a generally system friendly app already runs just fine on OS4 on the BlizzPPC. I also ran it fine on my A1XE (before it died), by using "The Marstrix" AHI redirection tool for faking a Maestro sound card which is one of the built in output options for mix mode.

Worth noting that on a graphics card, it works best on it's own 8-bit screen rather than just running it on a copy of the workbench screen mode.

Missed this at the time Karlos, apologies.

The last time I tried OSS on OS4/A1XE the MIDI was broken. I haven't tried it for over a year but I imagine this is still the case.
If someone could fix that, it would make it a much more attractive bit of software for OS4.