Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Smaller HxC SD Card Floppy Emulator Preorder  (Read 11671 times)

Description:

Offline Gulliver

Re: New Smaller HxC SD Card Floppy Emulator Preorder
« on: March 11, 2010, 01:27:37 AM »
Please dont missunderstand me, every new hardware gadget i see released for the Amiga is a really great thing. But i simply dont see the point of paying 60 UKP for this new sd interface, when you can get an ide to sd interface for less than 10 UKP. I know it is not the same because it connects as a floppy drive, but then ide interfaces on any amiga, are cheaper and more versatile.
Perhaps i am not getting it. Could someone please explain the great benefit for the Amiga, other than a cool gadget? :)
Please be kind, as i am genuinely intrigued.

Offline Gulliver

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 06:07:11 AM »
Okay thanks, i get it. But i only think it is good for real floppy tinkerers then, not casual users.
Let me tell you, i literally converted all my floppy disks to adf and i simply use VirtualFloppy program to mount them, and in the case of demos and games i use whdload. So floppies are only left for once in a while, installing workbench, but then nothing else. And even in that special case, i prefer doing it with WinUAE.
So at the end i still think it is only good for floppy tinkerers.

Offline Gulliver

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 10:08:50 AM »
Then, that way it sounds more reasonable! :)