Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Feedback on incomprehensible CAPTCHA  (Read 301 times)

Description: not even barely readable

Offline scm2000Topic starter

• Show only replies by scm2000
Feedback on incomprehensible CAPTCHA
« on: May 08, 2024, 11:37:17 PM »
Hi, I'm new here and will introduce myself in the correct topic, but I want to give feedback on the barrier I had to register here.

It's fine to require answering and Amiga related question, if you don't know the answer I'm sure everything is findable on the web, but the CAPTCHA was a real problem for me.

I had to request several new letters to find some that were barely legible and I had to use Mac zooming to decipher . I understand adding noise is done to confuse robots, but there are limits to humans too based on age and the condition of their eyesight.  It's not just the noise but the low contrast with the background.

I did try to click on to listen to the letters, but it had no effect in my browser -- Which is Safari on a Mac.

I'm glad I made it in though and I'm just hoping some feedback might lead to some loosening of settings if any for the letter obfuscation.

Offline David Wright

Re: Feedback on incomprehensible CAPTCHA
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2024, 04:02:39 AM »
I hear ya

Offline F0LLETT

• Amigakit / A-EON Support
  • Administrator
    • Show only replies by F0LLETT
    • Ultimate Amiga
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2024, 12:33:28 PM »
Unfortunately, last time I altered it, we had mass registrations and spamming.
So had to put it back.

Hi, I'm new here and will introduce myself in the correct topic, but I want to give feedback on the barrier I had to register here.

It's fine to require answering and Amiga related question, if you don't know the answer I'm sure everything is findable on the web, but the CAPTCHA was a real problem for me.

I had to request several new letters to find some that were barely legible and I had to use Mac zooming to decipher . I understand adding noise is done to confuse robots, but there are limits to humans too based on age and the condition of their eyesight.  It's not just the noise but the low contrast with the background.

I did try to click on to listen to the letters, but it had no effect in my browser -- Which is Safari on a Mac.

I'm glad I made it in though and I'm just hoping some feedback might lead to some loosening of settings if any for the letter obfuscation.
Quote from: Hungry Horace
Resolute and Industrious Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Ultimate Amiga Network (Home of SONY PSP Amiga Emulator and AMOS Factory)

Quote from:  He who shall not be named
"Chris is that you!!!"
My all time favorite quote.

Offline scm2000Topic starter

• Show only replies by scm2000
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2024, 03:11:09 PM »
Unfortunately, last time I altered it, we had mass registrations and spamming.
So had to put it back.

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope that the listen option is only a problem on my system, if that does indeed work it may not be such a problem.