Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Why do people believe the advertising?  (Read 9297 times)

Description:

Offline tokyoracer

• Show all replies
Re: Why do people believe the advertising?
« on: March 28, 2010, 01:47:06 PM »
Am I alone just thinking is funny for Windoze haters to find it so hard to complain about 7 that they are having to resort to a "fault" with it's name?
Why cant people face the facts and say it's a decent OS, just like XP was, NT (Sever 2003 and 2000)?
I felt like posting my views on "Windows is buggy, lets buy a mac" topic but alot of the comments where so daft I didn't see the justification to put some common sence on there.
Simple answer is Windows is only as good as the person who installs it (With the exception of 98 and ME). Mac's are far from perfect if you ask me, not bad machines at all but these days there's fewer reasons why you would buy one of them over a PC partly thanks to it's Intel CPU.

Offline tokyoracer

• Show all replies
Re: Why do people believe the advertising?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 08:01:26 PM »
Quote from: gertsy;550028
Microsoft have done their marketing very well.   Bag the old OS and pump the new.
There is bugga all difference in speed in "real terms" between XP SP3, Vista SP2 and Win 7.
In my mind there is bugga all OS difference between Vista and 7.
Your freakin kidding me right? No offence your either blind, not tried the OS's yet or not bothered looking at the facts on paper (not to intending to be a toll here but you couldn't be more wrong).

Quote from: Hell Labs;550036
I'd say it's gotten worse. The only practical difference between windows 7 and windows XP is the system requrements.

"wow it looks shiny! Are there any new features I will find useful?"

"errm... Windows 7 was your idea? DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS BING BING ******* MURDER GOOGLE GRAHSSASJIDSJKDJKDSNJKDSJDNKJDJKNDSJKDS"
Totally agree. Though 7 does have decent features. Wasn't sure about it at first but it is good now iv'e tried it and comaring it to Vista, it may look the same but usability is night and day. Im sticking to XP though for the time being.

Quote from: Boudicca;550045
Ah that facebook factor strikes again.....Sorry HellLabs you might be a lovely in real life, but drop the caps and drop that attitude, I don't post on here for you to continuously spurt diatribes and pointless swearing. At less have the decency to * out the U......rant mode off....
I think he was just making a point, not ranting as such. If you find something as simple as caps lock such an issue then you can either just ignore it or find a plug-in for a browser that will change all capitals into lower case format. Chances are it may not exist (possibly because nobody gets frustrated by them).
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 08:08:53 PM by tokyoracer »