Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Yep, exactly half reported by ATK.  With the unmodified accelerator at 14MHz it reports a reasonable 59.83Hz.  Interestingly SysInfo measures the correct 60 unlike ATK, presumably using a different timer.  At 21MHz ATK measures some even crazier number like 39Hz.  So the faster it goes the lower vblank frequency it measures.
That is my understanding.

Something I hadn't tested up until this point, I had KS 1.3 ROM in there this whole time, because 500 rev.5 has the oopsie mistake on the board, I finally installed and wired up correctly the KS 3.1 ROM, and unlike 1.3 this one does not boot from the Gotek floppy at either 21 and 28MHz...  So that's a newly discovered problem #2, though very high likelihood it is related to the same interrupt/timer problem.  Obviously I will need to revert to KS 1.3 ROM to run ATK for further testing until these interrupt timers are ironed out.

I feel like I'm so close...  Just wish I knew what rogue signal causes the speedup.

Did you forget about the E clock? All 68000 CPU based Amigas use the E clock generated by the CPU. So with a 14 MHz CPU clock you should divide the E clock by 2 and a 28 MHz CPU clock divide it by 4.

Don't mess with odd asynchronous clock frequencies unless you have the extra logic to generate the proper E clock. This is exactly what the 68020+ CPU based Amigas do.  ;)   
Amiga Emulation / Re: amithlon scsi and usb options
« Last post by dr.zeissler on April 20, 2024, 12:41:37 PM »
Hi there, has anyone ever got a USB soundcard working in amithlon.
Some guys told me that it could perhaps be possible to get USB with poseidon and arakattack working in amithlon.
But the drivers must have "isochron transfer" support.

Doc
General chat about Amiga topics / Re: PiSTORM in general
« Last post by Hiddenevil on April 20, 2024, 12:15:23 PM »
Thanks for the info, a friend of mine mentioned about buying a Pistorm for his A1200, I know he's running 3.9 and used MiamiDX for manage his prism2 Netgear wifi card. Just anticipating him asking me how to configure it lol  ;D
« Last post by TribbleSmasher on April 20, 2024, 10:31:46 AM »
Not at all atm, you need the wirelessmanager tool from the prism-package to initialise.

but, as mentioned before, everything is still alpha stage. so behave accordingly.

Edit

Miami as th TCP/IP stack operates on top, the connection is made by the wirelesmanager.
As of today Miami has issues so only Roadshow as the stack is recommended to use and ofc you have to configure it as well.
« Last post by Hiddenevil on April 20, 2024, 09:14:42 AM »
Is the Pistorm Wifi configurable in MiamiDX?
« Last post by AndyFC on April 20, 2024, 08:34:57 AM »
More exciting PiStorm news...the new Alpha WiFi driver has security built in.

I've not tested it yet and its unfinished, so please don't ask me how to use/ fix it. Here's a link to the Github download.
https://github.com/michalsc/Emu68-tools/releases/download/nightly/Emu68-tools-20240420-284a7a.zip
« Last post by AndyFC on April 20, 2024, 07:37:47 AM »
Who are you directing that to? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Me. I wrote Michael and not Michal. F0llett's then copied me. I've now corrected. (I've still used the first names otherwise it sounds a bit formal).

@kolla thanks for pointing it out.
« Last post by TribbleSmasher on April 20, 2024, 02:16:55 AM »
Noo,

just join the Discord

https://discord.gg/Dv3eaZnP
« Last post by Boing-ball on April 20, 2024, 12:28:43 AM »
When you write about someone using their first name, as if you’re buddies or something … at least get the name right?

Who are you directing that to? 🤷🏻‍♂️
« Last post by kolla on April 19, 2024, 11:54:35 PM »
When you write about someone using their first name, as if you’re buddies or something … at least get the name right?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10