Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The worst commercial in the entire world!  (Read 2918 times)

Description:

Offline gertsy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by gertsy
    • http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~gbakker64/
Re: The worst commercial in the entire world!
« Reply #14 from previous page: March 11, 2012, 11:07:56 PM »
Quote from: Transition;683252
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/internet-explorer

Hang on a sec?  Are they suggesting that computing become a productive part of your life?
That you could make shared and interactive decisions in real time based on merging the Browser and OS UX.   Well that'll never work!!!  Who do they think they are, A google whos ideas become real?  How dare they use HTML5 when they have a perfectly good Silverlight product.
Don't they realise that computing should be for computings sake or individual research only and that devices should be snappy and gimmicky with cool games and stuff.  Agile UX is so GEN Ys/Now.

Pungent roses me thinks.

Offline kedawa

• Show only replies by kedawa
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2012, 11:40:51 PM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;683305
That's why I employ FlashBlock...

FlashBlock is Truth.

Offline LoadWB

• Show only replies by LoadWB
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 01:06:22 AM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;683305
That's why I employ FlashBlock...

I have that, but it doesn't block HTML5 so I got TubeStop.  But that doesn't block everything, either.  Just absolutely fscking annoying that web designers assume things about their viewers.

Offline scuzzb494

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 01:21:08 AM »
Amazing just how long its taken Microsoft to realise that it will be browsers that dominate the computer industry in the future and not the OS. And seriously they are so out of touch its like watching old people trying to look hip and cool with young kids. Not sure where Microsoft are heading. I struggle with Windows 7 every day and spend most of the time cursing how crap it is. But hey... nothings changes. MS is and always will be crap. Basically cus they are not inovative and creative, they are simply absorbing good ideas without a clue why.... Saying that Google are fast coming up on the 'crapometer' rails and their dominance is now starting to make them make the same mistakes as MS. ... As soon as something becomes intrusive and blatently biased toward the paying subscribers you start to realise that the creators are not really on your side... They treat you as a pawn to be played. And it feels like that of late.... And given they are so mated to YouTube and the like with all the Google account crap its only time again before someone cries 'internet license' and one of these nobs will be so powerful they will control the way we use the internet. Hope I'm long gone by then.

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 02:42:27 AM »
Don't pay attention to Transition. He doesn't know how to use modern computers. He's stuck in the 80's!

Offline Trev

• Zero
    • Show only replies by Trev
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2012, 06:47:27 AM »
@scuzzb494

Active Desktop was introduced in 1997. It wasn't terribly popular at the time, and as you know, Microsoft was forced to separate Internet Explorer from the shell after the antitrust lawsuit. The antitrust restrictions were lifted last year. I'd say Microsoft was well ahead of the curve on this one; however, it's difficult to introduce disruptive change when you're enjoined from it.

EDIT: And why so struggly with Windows 7? Under the hood, it's still just Windows NT. I quite like the Windows 7 shell.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 06:49:37 AM by Trev »