Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Generating .lib files  (Read 2639 times)

Description:

Offline MinuousTopic starter

Generating .lib files
« on: March 08, 2012, 08:52:38 PM »
Hello, I am doing some coding in Draco and it is missing the pragmas for certain functions that I want to use, specifically Delay() and CreateMsgPort(). Therefore the linker (SLink) is complaining about those functions. It should just be a matter of creating a .lib file with the appropriate entries. I am wondering how this is done, as they are in a binary format. Is there a tool which will do it, or at least documentation on the file format so I can manually create them? (I would imagine this would be a common issue for programmers using non-C languages such as E, Pascal, etc. and therefore likely a solved one, but I can't find anything relating to this.)
  I only really need to get these 2 function pragmas working, but if it it is easy to automate then I will generate a complete set of OS3.9 .lib files for use by other Draco programmers. Thanks.

Re: Generating .lib files
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 07:49:02 AM »
OK, I have added this to the list of what is linked. Now it is complaining about _TimerBase, which is odd because the program does not use timer.device at all. :-(
  If I could find some kind of ".lib editor" I could just remove the reference from amiga.lib.

Re: Generating .lib files
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 05:06:08 AM »
No, but it was using dos.library's Delay() function at one point.