Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Why don't we get an App store?  (Read 4392 times)

Description:

Offline Arkhan

• Show all replies
    • http://www.aetherbyte.com
Re: Why don't we get an App store?
« on: April 07, 2010, 01:19:54 AM »
underground arcade will happen!  all it'll take is a few solid games, a nice forum, and crossed fingers!!!

I intend to be part of the solid - games, part of the equation.....

:)

and if needed, can assist with the forumy portions.
I am a negative, rude, prick.  

"Aetherbyte: My fledgling game studio!":  << Probably not coming to an Amiga near you because you all suck! :roflmao:

Offline Arkhan

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 03:41:32 AM »
Quote from: Cammy;552009
Kolla, you say that as if you know for sure, but you're just making it up. You don't know if an Amiga "app store" would be a failure, but you seem like you don't want us to try.

This is a very common attitude here. "You can't do this" "Don't even bother trying" "I know everything, and I say it's a bad idea"

as soon as I get my working Amiga in order,  I will be figuring out wtfs going on and back the Amiga development!  Dont know how long it will take me since im also doing MSX and PCE stuff... but im going to do it anyways

and as for Apple/X-code..... eh, X-code is crap, and objective-c definitely is an abortion .   Thats the best term ever.

Im gonna have to go out on a limb here and say Visual Studio w/ C# for the Xbox 360 is actually alot cooler than the Ipad/iPhone as far as ease of development.

the only way anything in the community can succeed is if the community supports it, lol

"Aetherbyte: My fledgling game studio!":  << Probably not coming to an Amiga near you because you all suck! :roflmao:

Offline Arkhan

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 04:52:04 AM »
wow are we really going to pull the "OMG EXPERIENCE"  elitist know it all card out? :)  That never solves anything and makes the guilty party look like a chach..

yes, I have programmed the iPod touch/iPhone with X-Code.  Prior to that, I used X-Code + Allegro to write 2D games on the mac.  I don't really care for objective C very much, and think X-Code as an environment, sucks.  sue me.  I prefer Visual Studio, or no studio at all (notepad + compiler/debugger).   Just because youuuuuuu love X-Code, doesn't mean everyone who doesn't is wrong or inexperienced.. :)  You shouldn't rag on people for their environment preferences.   Nothing wrong with ragging on the actual environments though.

You may like to think that you're the only experienced programmer here with a credible opinion, but uhhh, *news flash*, you aren't the only one.

It also seems like all you keep doing is shooting down the Amiga while flaunting Apple development.  Why?   I would certainly hope that development packages for a platform that is what, over 10 years newer, is more usable.  Duh?

If you think Apple dev is the greatest thing ever and think anything Amiga related is going to fail , good for you.  Don't be part of the revolution! :roflmao:

Offline Arkhan

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 07:22:44 AM »
Quote from: Fanscale;552028

If you're bitter about Amiga possibly because of time & money invested I suggest you take some time off. It lets you reassess what you like about Amiga.

a good call indeed :)

I really don't think the idea of having an Amiga app store is to compete with the titans at Apple/M$

Its to support the Amiga, no matter what goes on outside!

Offline Arkhan

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 02:05:59 PM »
Quote from: cgutjahr;552116

I'm really looking forward to your explanation how a bunch of commercially motivated Amiga bedroom coders are going to take on the likes of OpenOffice, Firefox, GIMP, Inkscape, Blender, Audacity or Avidemux.

basement here!

Its about the Amiga, not the other stuff. :)