Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A-EON Boing Ball Mouse for Classic Amigas  (Read 6573 times)

Description:

Offline wawrzon

Re: A-EON Boing Ball Mouse for Classic Amigas
« on: September 09, 2015, 11:51:32 PM »
IMO, the biggest disadvantage of the Cocolino is the extra connection and long adapter sticking out from the back of the Amiga. The A-Eon mouse with builtin adapter would help this.

except the adapter is now simply built in within the plug, shich seems as huge as the adapter before, in order to house it. so what is the advantage now, except that you cant replace the mouse, and that you have the sticker, some people value?

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 02:32:42 AM »
Quote from: matthey;795370
Even if the new mouse plug is no shorter than the Cocolino adapter plus PC mouse plug, it is one less connection that can work its way loose..

right, one bulky adapter less and one plug less, but its exactly the cable that likes to break especially on edges of such rigid clumsy plugs. id take an extra thought to buy it given the adapter as alternative. to be honest i dont like both that much..

The Amiga sticker doesn't bother me any more than the word Dell or whatever else as long as it is not Microsoft. I guess I am supposed to like the Amiga symbol but the newer Amiga symbols just make me feel depressed. Yea, we got new Amiga branded classic hardware but it is a PC mouse with an Amiga sticker. Amiga innovation at work again. Sigh.

its just a boing ball graphic. nothing much amiga about it, even if its contrary to what was intended.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 11:28:24 AM »
im using deneb setup mostly with aos, poseidon didnt work with aros yet.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 07:50:02 AM »
im pretty sure the games bang the hardware for mouse input. no usb mouse will ever work with that except when wired to actual amiga mouse port via some adapter, as in above case.
;)