Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: hgcsales on ebay.....  (Read 6093 times)

Description:

Offline A1260

• Show only replies by A1260
Re: hgcsales on ebay.....
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2007, 01:11:56 PM »
"Notice how clean this Atari 1040STe is.  I always washed my hands before using this computer."

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline TheMud

• Show only replies by TheMud
    • http://www.houseofvoices.tk
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2007, 01:17:32 PM »

tokyoracer wrote:

P.s. Why does he knock $300 off for a Halo 3 game?! For starters it is worth nowhere near that even that legendary pack. This guy is truly insane.

I think the man want the game Halo 3 and the X Box 360 :-)

The man is mad ... :-)
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.dailyroxette.com - My first passion next to Amiga

Offline tokyoracer

• Show only replies by tokyoracer
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2007, 01:23:25 PM »
Speeking of the devil...

Heres the e-mail I got back from him:

Anyway, I like it when he offers part exchange. Not forgetting the things hes asking for next to no Amigan would even think of having (halo figures?!).

WRONG!  There are many people that have Amiga computers who also have an XBOX, played Halo, Halo 2, and collect the Halo Figures.

The best by far is he would swap it for a rareish, like new A3000 and still insists an extra $300 on top of that!!!

That is because an Amiga 3000 computer is only worth about $200.  So, when you subtract $200 from $500, that leaves a balance of $300.

Dream on Doomy.

I am not a dreamer like you are.  I am a doer.

P.s. Why does he knock $300 off for a Halo 3 game?! For starters it is worth nowhere near that even that legendary pack.

You really should learn how to understand what you read.  I stated that I would knock off $300 for a Halo 3 XBOX 360, not a Halo 3 game.

This guy is truly insane.

No, I am not insane.  But, it sounds like you are.  Stop talking s**t about me if you do not know what the hell you are talking about.

Sincerely,
The DoomMaster

My responce:

Dear Doomy (George Campbell),

Ive known no Amiga user who is into Halo 3 but if you know plenty fair enough, at the end of the day it's personal experiance.

An A3000 is rare here, certainly in mint condition.
Doer? I think the reports from other people that have supposibly bought your items, you dont seem to be doing an aweful lot for them.

About the 360, I dont think you were very clear on the info. "Xbox 360 Halo Edition" would have made more sence.

I'm not talking s**t about you at all. I think the people speek for themselfs about your attitude problems, service and the abuse from you. I personally don't think you deserve to be an Amiga user and I find it especially insulting that you e-mail me and not reply on me to tell it infront of people you have p****d off. I'm just sorry that people have to deal with this from you.

Regards,
T.R.

What a nice chap... :lol:

[EDIT] Not to mention his 4000 isn't worth that much in the first place. It is nothing spetacular to be honest.

Offline McVenco

• Show only replies by McVenco
    • http://www.amigascene.nl
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2007, 01:28:20 PM »
I see Doomy has an ad on Craig's list too for the same 4000 that is on Ebay.

LINK

Hmmm, let's see what he's selling then:

"2 floppy disk drives"
No HD-drives, that's for sure...

"Other Amiga programs were also installed"
LhA and muchmore? Pretty much nothing saying...

"The 68040 / 25 MHz board appears to be in great shape"
Appears? Nuff said.

" I examined it under 7X magnification and all of the capacitors looked good, no leaks"
So the caps are good. How about all those other thingies that sit on the board?

"You will not find another Amiga 4000 that is in better shape then this one."
*looks at desk* Ehm, there's 2 over here :-)
| A4000 | CS-MK3 060@50 | Picasso IV |
| Member of Team Amiga (tm) | FidoNet 2:286/414.18 (long ago) |
| SysOp The Missing Channel BBS | Member of AGA BBS Intl. |

Offline stopthegop

• Show only replies by stopthegop
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2007, 01:35:46 PM »
His auctions/ads stick out like an elephant at a tea social.  Its amazing that people still fall victim to this cretin.  It is kind of fun to poke fun I'll admit..  :)
Primary:
A4000T. Phase5 PPC604e-233mhz/060-66mhz. Mediator, Z3 Fastlane, Voodoo5, Delfina, X-Surf, AD516, Peggy Plus.

Collection:
A4000D, A1200, A500, Milan060 (Atari clone), Atari MegaSTE, Atari TT030, C64, C128, Mattel Aquarius, (2) HP Jornada....

Offline bobamu

• Show only replies by bobamu
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2007, 10:50:08 PM »
Because I felt it appropriate to respond to the other posts, what with this being a webforum

I hope this suitably justifies my posts to you.
I\'m back and I brought bacon.

Offline Terse

• Show only replies by Terse
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2007, 11:00:09 PM »
That Halo 3 Ltd Edition consle is $400 and came out about 2 months ago.  noody just has one gathering dust.  So he's asking for a new $400 item plus $200 cash.

Speaking of Xbox and Amiga, Jeff Minter hates your type:
Get over old retro games and Amiga games and grow up XBox fans.

Offline AmigaPete

• Show only replies by AmigaPete
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2007, 11:40:32 PM »
I think we should all start posting questions about his auction contents - "Is that wooden stand included with the Amiga 4000?".

Also...

NO SHIPPING OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA !  It is too expensive and I do not want to fill out stupid customs forms or have to jump through unnecessary hoops.

Pssst... hey Doomy, doesn't the buyer usually pay shipping costs? And you must fill out a customs declaration form when shipping from the US to Canada.

What a douchebag.

Pete

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2007, 09:14:47 PM »
Jeff Minter has been in a huff about the reception of Space Giraffe for a while now. Totally undeserved if you ask me, alot of reviews have been saying that it's a marmite-type of game and that it is a brilliant game if you're into weird non-mainstream games.

Offline Chain

• Show only replies by Chain
    • http://chain.3dgrafika.cz/aktivity
too lazy to use shift key properly...

Offline LoadWB

• Show only replies by LoadWB
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2007, 06:45:04 PM »
Off topic, but based on his post, I would say Jeff Minter is a cry-baby prick.

I just had this discussion not long ago with a friend who is about six years younger than me.  He is in a kind-of limbo between the "retro" and "modern" consoles, and made a generalized assertion about "retro" gaming and nostalgia.

It quickly hit me that I do not play "retro" games solely for nostalgia.  Instead, in most cases I play "retro" games because they are good games, timeless games with great programming, story line or flow, and so on.  Some games just were and are still good, period.

And if you cannot stomach that, then get the fsck out.

Offline meega

• Show only replies by meega
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2007, 06:51:28 PM »
Does anyone think that auction included the mouse?
:)

Offline Gwion

• Show only replies by Gwion
    • http://www.freewebs.com/commodoreamiga
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2007, 06:58:19 PM »
Question & Answer Answered On

Q:  Does it incl the CDROM? Oct-18-07
A:   Did you actually read the auction description? Did you even read the auction title? It states: Atari 1040STe with 4 megabytes of RAM, TOS 2.05, and a High-Density disk drive. Nowhere in the auction does it say that the monitor, hard disk drive, or CD-Rom drive is included.
(very moody!!!!)
Q:  HI, Does this atari come with a Monochrome monitor and a hard drive? how big of a hard drive? thanks. Oct-17-07
A:   No, not for the low starting bid amount of only $99.95. A hard drive for the Atari ST would sell for between $125 to $180 by itself, especially a SupraDrive Atari Hard Disk. A nice Atari monochrome monitor sells for between $25 to $65.
OMG over priced!

This man needs to take a chill pill!
Dont let him near a Amiga he'll smash it! :P
Desperate To Get An Amiga 1200!

Offline hamtronix

• Show only replies by hamtronix
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2007, 07:06:56 PM »
doesnt take paypal and wants you to wait 6 - 8 weeks to process a check... oh and he is a very bad seller that Ebay should have banned long ago.
CD TV / Remote / Trackball Remote / Keyboard / CDTV 1411 External Drive / C= 1405 256K RAM / Smell the fear!

Offline tokyoracer

• Show only replies by tokyoracer
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2007, 07:37:23 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/Commodore-Amiga-4000-Computer-NEW-CONDITION_W0QQitemZ320189835857QQihZ011QQcategoryZ4598QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

"NOTE:  I will not let this fabulous Amiga 4000 computer go for less then $499.95.  I have seen them in poor condition sell for $250.00 to $375.00 here on eBay.  So, I know that an Amiga 4000 in like new condition has a present value of at least $499.95 to $800.00.  I am including the hard to find Amiga 4000 keyboard for FREE!  The keyboard is slightly yellowed, but, as you can plainly see in the picture, it is in excellent condition."

What sort of "poor" 4000's have you seen?! $375 for one to be labeled as poor would be insane. At least this time the picture shows what comes with it for once instead of people having to ask him questions all the time. :roll: Still at $500 (£250) it is a hell of a price for a fairly basic 4000 even if it is white, especially hes a PayPal hater. It could have been sprayed? :-?

Offline LoadWB

• Show only replies by LoadWB
« Reply #29 from previous page: December 01, 2007, 07:40:13 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, that 4000's been listed more than once now.