Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buying a Minimig from AmigaKit!  (Read 6154 times)

Description:

Offline Dwyloc

• Show all replies
Re: Buying a Minimig from AmigaKit!
« on: April 13, 2011, 12:23:53 PM »
Quote from: drHirudo;631405
I consider buying C-One with minimig extender module. Is it better choice than the Minimig, because of the extra computers in the C-One - Commodore, Amstrad, Amiga?
Or better buy ChameLEON for my C64 and forget about the Minimig and C-One?

Apart form the reports that the minimig core for the C-One does not work very well as a result of timing problems with the emulated cpu.

So I would stick with the tried and tested 4MB Minimig.
Sam440ep 667mhz 512megs OS4.1
Minimig, 4MB RAM, ARM add-on board
Amiga 1200 Eyetech mk4 Tower, Blizzard 1240 040/40 32MB Fast ram, IDEFix Express mk2, mediatorSX pci, Voodoo3 PCI, PCI network card, OS3.9 BB2.

Offline Dwyloc

• Show all replies
Re: Buying a Minimig from AmigaKit!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 12:29:50 PM »
Quote from: Lurch;631386
So looking through the compatibility list for games. Can't see ruff'n'tumble.... and cannon fodder doesnt work? :-/

Or is this list out of date?

Was tempted to buy but if I can't play my fav games :-(

http://www.minimig.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15

I can confirm that Cannon fodder works well on the 4MB mimimig,
as I play it a lot but you need to use the whdload version and disable writecache.

The floppy version cant save on the minimig or WinUAE as it uses a custom disk write system that does not work with adf images so you cant save if you play from floppy.  So I would consider it to be unplayable on a 2MB mimimig as you cant save.

I don't know about ruff'n'tumble as its not a game I have ever played, but most games I have tried work without problems with the current mimimig core.
Sam440ep 667mhz 512megs OS4.1
Minimig, 4MB RAM, ARM add-on board
Amiga 1200 Eyetech mk4 Tower, Blizzard 1240 040/40 32MB Fast ram, IDEFix Express mk2, mediatorSX pci, Voodoo3 PCI, PCI network card, OS3.9 BB2.