Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AMD system with Amiga Forever 6  (Read 8553 times)

Description:

Offline TrinityTopic starter

• Show all replies
Re: AMD system with Amiga Forever 6
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2004, 05:30:09 PM »
@Thomas ...sounds like there are a few more improvements

• Show all replies
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2004, 03:25:28 AM »
@ the thread :

• Show all replies
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2004, 08:46:54 PM »
@

• Show all replies
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2004, 04:35:33 AM »
@

• Show all replies
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2004, 10:55:17 PM »
Hi

• Show all replies
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2004, 03:10:18 AM »
@

• Show all replies
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2004, 10:19:08 PM »
@Holley ....forgive me (in advance) if this is not the 'right' forum to post my question in

when I try to download Mozilla in AF6 , it needs an OS?
  how would I go about this ? Linux? ...or XP? Also when I try using A-Web in AF6 it constantly 'reloads' to window ... well at least for 30 seconds or more , each time ...why is that?

trinity

• Show all replies
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2004, 11:40:55 PM »
Holley ...I can't even seem to download amiga.org.on AF6........without a lot of blitter ??
 maybe should just use AF6 for graphic apps? my Peg is coming soon ...smiles.
 trinity

• Show all replies
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2004, 11:01:10 PM »
Holley ::.no trouble with the speed , very fast system , but if i could fine AWEB 3.5 , life would be better ...since i can't at the moment , i have to login here in XP, as when i do in AF6 . it won't even post to amiga org.... well something has to done here ... ever since my accident ...and subsequent tramua's ..brain concussion(s)3 of them, it can be very hard to focus ... and the meds don't help either ..pain killers and opium patches... but i still persist ...at least the 1.3OS and it's apps work ...
can't seem to download AF6 updates from AWEB or even hold it in for the AWEB updates ...I know i'm missing something here ...just can't sort it out ... maybe I need a "MAP" lol

• Show all replies
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2004, 11:37:40 PM »
@Holley ::
OK just tried aweb again ,this was the message :

ERROR
while retieveing URL: x-web: http://aweb.sunsite.dk

Invalid internal(x-aweb) name "http://aweb.sunsite.dk

Trinity

• Show all replies
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2004, 11:41:03 PM »
holley :: well i did have and modified a 3000tower ...so i not a gringo to amiga ...Is that the right addy for aweb3.5?

• Show all replies
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2004, 12:25:23 AM »
Holley :: I did get aweb 3.5 downloaded ...into ram , and i'll also need some 3.4  info but Ram is full , so  managed to create a drawer for all of the aweb dnlds.. But message is "unknown datatypes" for aweb 3.5 when i open it ?

• Show all replies
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2004, 05:20:38 PM »
Holley ...thank you for all your tech help and polite insights , I'll try again ....but the truth of the matter is that i'm losing precious time 'fiddling around' trying to reinvent the wheel here .......... my experiences have been with rendering, drawing and image processing , and to that end because of my work as a fine artist  ie: oil painting , etc... the amiga is (was) a great asset in saving time in sketching and modeling ...as opposed to wasting costly oil paints and clay... because I could go to the "final work" painting on real canvas with real oils ...
  The AF6 was a shot at trying to emulate my old 3000t , but all this tech. and trial and error  is beyond my scope of expriences and  with no results ..I can see everyone here is very qualified and subsequently even  your chat is far beyond my expriences and comprehension of the simplest tasks... I'll try again ...and see if this yields results ....otherwise it's Literally "back to the drawing board ".. thanks ..

• Show all replies
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2004, 02:19:41 AM »
holley...I haven't the foggest idea of whats going on and everytime i download a packer or unpacker it always come up with the same message about an unrecognizable file ...so ... i think i'll stop while i'm ahead and wait for the real Amiga or Pegasos ...if you know anyone who would like to purchase this AF6 CD , I will sell it ...btw ...i can resell it ? .... just leave a pm in my box here at amiga org......thanks

• Show all replies
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2004, 11:59:41 PM »
holley ..:: I think if i had a manual , at least for this Dopus , I could get it  together... but ... I'm just so confused , as I have missed many yrs., since i did any amiga apps..... I don't understand why I cannot Unzip and files?... I had downlded 3 LHa and 3 unzip files ...but I seem to come up with the same "unreconizable file ".... error ... I even managed to download TVPaint ...but It won't open either ... I know its just something small  i'm missing ...
 best to wait for a new Amiga or Pegasos ...and btw ... I had a MacG4 in 2001 (to use) ,it was a very nice system ... but the new ones are just to pricy ... but it did work  well and i could easily run the apps... Abode , coral , etc... just like my old Amiga 3000 ...it ran very nicely ...And on this AMD , I can see the speed advantage and know if i could roundup some 3.1 manuals i'd be fine ...maybe i should just buy some new apps (Amiga) but I'm afraid that they wouldn't load ???

• Show all replies
« Reply #29 from previous page: August 23, 2004, 06:21:31 PM »
Hi weirdami :: ..re:posts .. i received a 'complain via pm ' that the posts were in the wrong forum(s) so , not to offend anyone , i deleted the one's previous to the complaint . I'm very sorry .. really I was under the impression that Amiga.org forums were user and beginner friendly ...perhaps i assumed too much? ..Needless to say i'm rather turned off by a responce from a member who was not even a 'Moderater'.  and now i'm  reluctant to post anything ,,,jeeesh ..it's a bad scene when the Amiga folks are so freaky.. well, only some of them.  In all fairness I really needed the help and Holley and Thomas were very forthcoming with information.  If a person can't find help in this forums ...Just what is the purpose of the forums ... not everyone 'shoots up' amiga  everyday    ...even if we could , there are other responsibilities that must be tended to... So , please accept my apology for the deletions ......i feel bad enough being rejected here ..much less feeling guilty too... smile.
 thank you for your inquiry....
 Trinity.