Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga in Your very cellphone  (Read 7091 times)

Description:

Offline warpdesign

• Show all replies
    • http://www.warpdesign.fr
Re: Amiga in Your very cellphone
« on: February 13, 2009, 07:26:35 PM »

Also, Amiga emulation on cellphones would SURELY make an Amiga platform alone more recognizable... and more popular!!!!

How the hell would Amiga emulation make Amiga more popular ?

Btw, sounds like a McEwen speech: have you ever considered working for him ?

Offline warpdesign

• Show all replies
    • http://www.warpdesign.fr
Re: Amiga in Your very cellphone
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 01:47:44 AM »

Amiga emulation, easily available to anyone of the millions of mobile gamers, would attract the people towards different OS which is AOS4.

There's no way Amiga emulation would bring users to OS4.
Amiga emulation as you think about it (I guess at least) is all about games. What the bridge between 99% of amiga games (which simply kill the OS to run) and OS4 ? Tell me...

Not to mention that to have this emulation available to millions of users you should (or someone) have a licence for the OS and/or games... Well, if I was at the head of Amiga Inc. I would have released kick 1.x for free, but I don't see current owners doing so. I don't see them doing anything either. And I'm not sure they own the right to the kickstart anyway.

Oh, and I forgot: what about controls ? How do you control joystick based games with your fingers (in case of the iPhone & other touch phones) or keypad (in case of normal phone).

Oh, and one last thing: if you exclude powerfull smartphones (iphone, blackberry like, powerfull nokias,...), I'm sure most current mobile phones haven't got the raw power to emulate an Amiga. And I say raw power: this is ignoring the fact that most applications are JAVA based on mobile phones.

I know, I'm evangelizing newer platform here but what I think is... I want my phone to play classic Amiga games, and I want my next desktop to be OS4. That way out.

You want to play classic games in your phone ? Then buy an iPhone, and play pinball dreams, payback, etc... (I'm sure a lot more will be coming in the near future)

You want to do something, think better, and get real !

Some of your dreams can't come true in this world ;)