Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga in Your very cellphone  (Read 7091 times)

Description:

Offline LoadWB

• Show all replies
Re: Amiga in Your very cellphone
« on: February 13, 2009, 04:38:57 PM »
Pyromania wrote:
@DiskDoctor

Nice post except for the Windows Mobile part. Win Mobile is almost already dead and it would be a waste to put any resources there. Amiga Forever could have features added to the next version to support Amiga emulation on cell phones if it's developer is interested in going that route.

You kidding me?  Windows Mobile is all over the business world.  There are multiple vendors supporting it and, in my experience, there is nothing yet that compares in business functionality -- Exchange ActiveSync, Pocket Office applications, and a familiar interface for the technically unadaptable.

Now, I know EAS is licensed by Apple and works well on the iPhone, and kind-of works on PalmOS.  I have discovered that almost all of my customers who started "playing" with the iPhone went back to their Windows Mobile when the novelty wore off: drastically different and unfamiliar interface, cannot load wanted software (Garmin, etc.,) and restrictive software installation policies.  Plus, the remote wipe and security control feature is very well appreciated.

Windows Mobile 6.2 is available now, and Windows Mobile 7, which is expected to be a convergence between the Zune and smart-phone paradigms is expected very soon.  The Zune aspect will be a long sought-after media capability for the WM operating system.

So, no, WM is far from dead.  The iPhone still has a little ways to catch up before it will be an all-around contender, as does LiMo and Android.  Microsoft and RIM (BlackBerry) have the all-inclusive solutions right now, and are really the only major competition for each other.

Offline LoadWB

• Show all replies
Re: Amiga in Your very cellphone
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 04:43:00 PM »
bloodline wrote:

Amiga software, via UAE/etc... is not going to be popular on any mobile platform FULL STOP... Also I like my mobile games to be 3D now... it's just more fun on my iPhone.

Are you not, then, completely ignoring the success of the so-called "retro" games market?  Retro-arcade bundles and downloadable games for consoles are doing very well.  Not to mention the MAME universe, and so on.

A good game does not rely solely on its graphics abilities, but on the timelessness, ingenuity, and playability of the game.