Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Phase 5 Digital Products comeback?  (Read 5878 times)

Description:

Offline cgutjahr

• Show all replies
Re: Edge Connectors
« on: September 27, 2016, 01:07:56 AM »
Quote from: wawrzon;814443
perfect paint? i think this is coded in amiblitz

It is. But it did use a few external tools (like a raytracer, I kid you not), some of which were available as WarpOS builds aswell (JPEG export, maybe? it's been too long).

Quote from: amiadudeorwat;814444

and possibly a large portion of the PowerPC Mac library under iFusion, though iFusion

If your definition of "possibly" is "no %&$#?@!%&$#?@!%&$#?@!%&$#?@!ing way" - then yes, possibly.

iFusion never worked properly.

Not to mention running GL versions of the various Quake like engines at actual decent resolutions at good speeds.

With an extremely crappy mouse ;) You can already run Quake (or MAME...) on your PC - which has lots of horsepower, is connected to the best mouse, keyboard and monitor you have lying around and always has the latest releases available.

I was running PC ports on my classic PPC setup for years. It's not as much fun as it sounds, honest.

Offline cgutjahr

• Show all replies
Re: Phase 5 Digital Products comeback?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 02:03:17 PM »
Quote from: kolla;834106
Reverse engineering any P5 products would be like handing him a legal fruit basket.
:)

It's safe to assume he doesn't own any rights. We (amiga-news.de) asked him about it more than a year ago, and the answer was... telling. He certainly doesn't own any Firmware rights according to Ralph Schmidt.