Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Phase 5 Digital Products comeback?  (Read 5867 times)

Description:

Offline amiadudeorwat

Re: Edge Connectors
« on: September 26, 2016, 05:04:12 PM »
I'm with eliyahu, I'd buy a newly made Cyberstorm PPC in a heartbeat, especially if they used one of the ~400MHz PPCs like Stachu installs on current boards.  Like the Sonnet project, this doesn't just give you access to a "few notable apps" having that kind of power under OS3.9 gives you access to a few hundred Mame, Genesis, SNES games and possibly a large portion of the PowerPC Mac library under iFusion, though iFusion doesn't currently run on anything but a CSPPC/BPPC.  Not to mention running GL versions of the various Quake like engines at actual decent resolutions at good speeds.

Offline amiadudeorwat

Re: Edge Connectors
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 01:44:10 AM »
Quote from: cgutjahr;814466
It is. But it did use a few external tools (like a raytracer, I kid you not), some of which were available as WarpOS builds aswell (JPEG export, maybe? it's been too long).

If your definition of "possibly" is "no %&$#?@!%&$#?@!%&$#?@!%&$#?@!ing way" - then yes, possibly.

iFusion never worked properly.

With an extremely crappy mouse ;) You can already run Quake (or MAME...) on your PC - which has lots of horsepower, is connected to the best mouse, keyboard and monitor you have lying around and always has the latest releases available.

I was running PC ports on my classic PPC setup for years. It's not as much fun as it sounds, honest.

So you're saying no one ever ran iFusion, also that it is impossible to use anything other than an original Amiga mouse, an Amiga keyboard and 1084 monitor.