Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Phase 5 Digital Products comeback?  (Read 5873 times)

Description:

Offline wawrzon

Re: Phase 5 Digital Products comeback?
« Reply #14 from previous page: October 03, 2016, 11:39:36 PM »
Quote from: Heiroglyph;814804
I disagree. You could have the most perfect widget in the world and some of this community would scream and yell about how horrible it is and compare the creator to Hitler.

You pretty much have to come out complete with hardware and software to back it up to avoid as much speculation as possible.

no. despite the degenerated image the community will likely not react reasonably to a reasonable offer. might sound like a conspiracy theory, while such an offer has usually been surpressed, invoking an expectation that i will be met with resistance, distrust and badmouthing anyway, by so called "usual suspects" (representing simply many if not everybody who either way doesnt care or dare not speak out anymore).

however some not very promissing iniatives went out under the radar so far, till it was too late. apollo/vampire sounds like an  example. am i right?

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2016, 01:29:30 AM »
Quote from: Heiroglyph;814815
I'm not sure I understood your reply exactly.

Vampire is one that I would hold up as a good example of not saying a word until completion.

really??? i must be missing something in your logic. maybe our resemblance is different..

lets review, the natami approach, majsta going around asking for guidance, first vampire version, work in progress, kind of. tg68 core adoptation, 030/25 speeds. cheap. many bought only to find it discontinued in support after some time and arguably for a good reason. as much as none really complained. at least almost none of the customers.

okay, igor had survived some hard times but if from anyone then from other developers. then apollo team joined in or vice versa.

in my book it is nothing like a closed, behind the scenes apporach. on the contrary. you can simply chip in on irc and be invited to contribute. and it is in my book the right spirit.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2016, 11:53:00 AM »
@heiroglyph

no, i cannot confirm your position. i see no hatred towards apollo team. i see some negative and critical comments and thnere always has been some. but, first of all, it there werent any, one would really have to ask themselves, whats wrong..
secondly the negative/critical feedback and discussion may not have intentionally led to, but (in the end constructively) accompanied in parallel the development of the project.

neither i see the project being damaged by the price discussion or inavailablility. on the contrary. people welcomed the adjustments being communicated to them reasonably well. what concerns igor operating initially at a loss, it accidentally reminds of sort of commercial strategy, when initially introducing a product. without that low price there might be less early adopters, less general tension and a´lso less people joinging their community or the project as such.

all in all, the current may look a bit chaotic, but its there and the circumstances only make it sympathetic. i dont see any, really any, critical failures on part of apollo/vampire initiative.