Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Who! What! When! Where!  (Read 408 times)

Description:

Offline dandelionTopic starter

• Show only replies by dandelion
Who! What! When! Where!
« on: March 19, 2017, 09:27:02 AM »
...is the title of a snappily named personal organiser by none other than Blue Ribbon Soundworks.

Because of the company involved, I'm intrigued to learn a little bit more about this personal organiser (as well as being a bit of a time management/productivity geek - reading about it that is, rather than actually being productive).

Can anyone share any information about it? Or even know where I might be able to get a copy?
MorphOS on MacMini
RISC OS on RPi
Dreaming of owning another classic.

Offline Matt_H

Re: Who! What! When! Where!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 08:02:05 PM »
I had this exact same question a few months ago. After some digging, I was able to find an ADF.

It's very much a 1.3 era product. It ran on my 3.1 system, but with significant GUI errors - lot of pre-font sensitivity custom buttons and window gadgets. I think it was one of Blue Ribbon's fist products and you can see some of the design concepts that evolved in their later programs. An interesting museum piece, but unless you're running a 1.3 productivity system I don't think there's much use for it.

The version I found was not the latest. There were no major updates as far as I can tell, but Blue Ribbon's newsletters (DLH has them) do mention smaller updates (and, eventually, its discontinuation). Unclear if they were mere bugfix releases or if there are any obvious UI changes. If the GUI issues on newer OS versions got fixed there could be a reason to keep it running if you have a particular interest.

Offline dschallock

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 02:44:32 PM »
Out of curiosity what is your opinion on Digita Organizer?

Offline TheMagicM

• Show only replies by TheMagicM
    • http://www.BartonekDragRacing.com
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 07:20:01 PM »
I've never used it, but I have it on ADF ..version 1.3d.
PowerMac G5 dual 2.0ghz/128meg Radeon/500gb HD/2GB RAM, MorphOS 3.9 registered, user #1900
Powerbook G4 5,6 1.67ghz/2gb RAM, Radeon 9700/250gb hd, MorphOS 3.9 registered #3143

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 08:37:14 PM »
Quote from: Matt_H;823612
I had this exact same question a few months ago. After some digging, I was able to find an ADF.

It's very much a 1.3 era product. It ran on my 3.1 system, but with significant GUI errors - lot of pre-font sensitivity custom buttons and window gadgets. I think it was one of Blue Ribbon's fist products and you can see some of the design concepts that evolved in their later programs. An interesting museum piece, but unless you're running a 1.3 productivity system I don't think there's much use for it.

Fantastic response - thank you. I was hoping to run it on MorphOS, but it doesn't sound like I'd stand much chance of that.

Out of interest, do you use any PIM/task manager programs on the Amiga and if so what's your tool of choice?
MorphOS on MacMini
RISC OS on RPi

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 08:38:22 PM »
Quote from: dschallock;823632
Out of curiosity what is your opinion on Digita Organizer?

It's quite a slick program, and runs reasonably nicely on MorphOS too.
MorphOS on MacMini
RISC OS on RPi