Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: potential PPC Amiga REAL CHEAP  (Read 65888 times)

Description:

Offline Louis DiasTopic starter

Re: potential PPC Amiga REAL CHEAP
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2005, 03:34:18 AM »

Hammer wrote:
IF GC documents are so easy to find why there are some difficulties in creating a full Game Cube emulator (1)(2)?  

Notes;
1. Dolwin 0.10, Open source; bugs heaven. Runs only a few demos.  
2. Dolphin, Close source; able run a *very few* commercial games with tons of bugs.
3. Ninphin, Close source; Runs only a few demos.
4. WhineCube, Close source; Runs only a few demos.

If you know more about GC please contribute to
http://dolwin.emulation64.com/
Dolwin uses documentation from http://www.gc-linux.org/docs/yagcd.html
Dolwin’s status indicates the incomplete nature of publicly available GC documentation.
Open source group has access to SoftPear/PearPC’s own efforts.

Who is talking about emulating a GC?  And obviously somebody found something out something to be able to run some commercial games.  In the end, if you want to know how to program a GC you need to become a licensed developer and get the kit.  Isn't that just a bit obvious?  Why am I being asked how to program the Flipper and to show proof?  Only one party can port OS4 to the GC and that's Hyperion, not me.  And to do that, they need a license...imagine that.

What kind of PowerPC "G3" are we talking about?  
ArtX stuff is not quite related to ATI's Radeon.

It's a well known fact that the GC uses the G3 750 series 'Gekko'.  Also, who said Flipper is related to Radeon?  I said ATI is incoporating Flipper technology into FUTURE Radeons but even this statement is from 2001 so we already may have a Radeon with incorporated Flipper features (primarily large high bandwidth on-die texture cache).

OS 4 is already a PPC OS.  All that would need reprogramming is the hardware abstraction layer.  Hyperion wasted alot of time having to write BIOS code and drivers for the A1's southbridge, northbridge and various potential sound, video and lan cards.  The Flipper handles all that and memory management too.  No need to implement a work around for the Via bug...so many delays.  The Nintendo dev kit would have supplied the low level stuff.  Eyetech could have designed a SX-1-like addon like the GBA player that gives you 2 ide ports, usb and what ever else you might want (possibly some traditional ram to use as virtual memory) instead of a full-blown much revised and delayed and now outdated motherboard.

Anyway, this discussion needs to end.  It's all only what could have been, not what will be.

Offline Hammer

• Show only replies by Hammer
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2005, 04:10:21 AM »
According to Nintendo's own pages here the Nintendo is capable of 1125 MDhrystone 2.1. My P2-400mhz doorstop pulls 841. These are hardly impressive numbers. For comparison, my current desktop (P4HT 3.0ghz) pulls 5133 in single-thread mode (and averages 4200 each in SMP-2 mode, as HyperThread isn't symetrical).

Just to add...

Athlon 64 3400+ (ASUS K8N-E Deluxe, 1GB PC3200, X64, gcc3.4 -O6 -m64) scored ~7840M Dhrystone 2.

Xeon EM64T (3600Mhz, HP xw8200, FC-2, -O6 -m64) ~7173M Dhrystone 2.

X-BOX PIII-Kitbash @733Mhz scored ~1507.9M.
Amiga 1200 PiStorm32-Emu68-RPI 4B 4GB.
Ryzen 9 7900X, DDR5-6000 64 GB, RTX 4080 16 GB PC.

Offline Hammer

« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2005, 04:26:02 AM »
Who is talking about emulating a GC? And obviously somebody found something out something to be able to run some commercial games

Very few and buggy.

In the end, if you want to know how to program a GC you need to become a licensed developer and get the kit.

Do they give you the documentation to "hit the metal"?

Programming via APIs pretty much shields the programmer from the underlaying hardware (abstruction).

You are just proposing some sort of AmigaDE style player i.e. middleware ecosystem player(minus the vCPU abstractions). AROS-Linux hosted edition could work...

It's a well known fact that the GC uses the G3 750 series 'Gekko'

Is the 750FX *100 percent* compatible with 750GX?

(hints: look in AW.net OS4 issues)

PS; PPC32 is not an analogue to IA-32 when it comes to freezing the ISA standard.

OS 4 is already a PPC OS.

Being PPC OS doesn't guarantee straight compatibility; refer to PowerPC e500 core vs 750xx.

« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2005, 04:30:21 AM »
@ billt

Hi Bill.
I understand the business end of it.  As the developer of the ATI drivers for OS4, you obviously stand to benefit from the OS in it's current design...if it sells well.

What I did is put an idea out there.  A feasible one if you ask me since the hardware actually exists and is in the hands of 18.8 million people.  It is up to Hyperion and maybe even you to ge a license and really see what can be done and if it's worth doing.

You mention that Amithlon (and others) is an application pretending to be an OS.  What is DOPUS?  Isn't that an application pretending to be an OS?  What is an OS?  It should be just an API that is one or two levels higher than the actual hardware.  Isn't a GUI an application?  Kickstart is the OS and Workbench is the GUI/Application.  One application can launch other applications, there's no sin in that.  The real OS is just a set of tools, the gui application is what is actually used.  Bootable CDROM systems like the CD32 (and all other cd/dvd game consoles) for-go the gui application and use native OS calls programmatically (rather than through a gui that waits for you to launch an app) to run the game (application).

In the end it's the application that counts.  The actual hardware not mattering is what a common gui and common reference set of OS-calls that a hardware abstraction layer is used for.  So I ask you, if a HAL was written that supplied the established Amiga OS 4 API for the Gamecube, could the Gamecube not launch Amiga OS compliant applications that also run on an A1?  Wouldn't just being able to run IBrowse(bundled with the GC version) on the GC be a selling point?  Actually being able to surf the web is something none of the consoles currently do.  Save your logon information to a memory card and take the OS disc and memory card (now up to 128mb) to a friend's house and you could check your email there too after kicking his ass at Soul Caliber II.

Offline Hammer

« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2005, 04:48:30 AM »
What is DOPUS?

Glorified file manager.

Isn't a GUI an application?

For AOS's case; it's the "Intuition".

Workbench

Yet another file manager.

Offline Hammer

« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2005, 04:57:47 AM »
Also, who said Flipper is related to Radeon? I said ATI is incoporating Flipper technology into FUTURE Radeons but even this statement is from 2001 so we already may have a Radeon with incorporated Flipper features (primarily large high bandwidth on-die texture cache).

So did NVIDIA i.e. its call "Turbo Cache" e.g. Geforce 6200. ATI's version is called "Hyper Memory" e.g. Radeon X300. It doesn't mean they are both the same in terms of ISA.

The issue is with Flipper's programming modelling (if any).  

Offline Hammer

« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2005, 05:54:33 AM »
@lou_dias

Theoretical vs Theoretical

Refer to
http://www.nintendo.com.au/gamecube/system/index.php
10.5 GFLOPS.

http://nvidia.com/page/console.html
80 GLOPS from NV2A

In terms being a calculator; NVIDIA’s NV2A kills the whole Nintendo Game Cube. GC can’t match a massively parallelled SIMD GPU.

Offline Waccoon

• Show only replies by Waccoon
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2005, 06:26:59 AM »
lou dias:  Wayne can close this thread as far as I am concerned.

I second that.

Offline Minion

• Show only replies by Minion
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2005, 10:50:46 AM »

lou_dias wrote:

The majority of the internet is still 10-based.  Get up off the floor and stop laughing.

Where the fuсk did you get that completely stupid absurd idea from?
When you say 10 based do you mean 10 GIGABIT?
Thats more like it UUnet's backbone across the UK is 1.5 Gigabit.  The switching is done at 10 Gigabit in most places now, up from the 1 Gigabit it used to.  I know people that work at ISP's I assume you merely know people that work as IT coordinators for a primary school or something. :laughing:
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

Offline billt

• Show only replies by billt
    • http://www.billtoner.net
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2005, 07:09:54 PM »
@lou_dias
>As the developer of the ATI drivers for OS4, you obviously
>stand to benefit from the OS in it's current design...

I'm not sure what you mean by that. I stand to "benefit" to a SMALL extent from sales including the Radeon driver I'm involved with, yes, but I don't see what the OS's current design has to do with that. I also do not expect to see returns that will completely pay for the hardware I've personally purchased for this venture, there's a good bit of charity in there from a lot of people that merely wanted something enough to pay so much for it, like I've paid so much so that I can have better than a Voodoo3 card in my own Amiga. Not everyone is in the charity business though, and real companies like ATI will need convinced that they will show some profit from the venture before they'll allow me or you to grant our own money on something not profitable to ourselves.

Also realize that anyone can write graphics drivers for OS4 in its current design. You could even get documentation from ATI or reverse-engineer the Linux driver code if you like and directly compete with our Radeon driver if you like. Nothing exists that makes our driver "exclusive" or anything...

>What I did is put an idea out there. A feasible one if you
>ask me since the hardware actually exists and is in the hands
>of 18.8 million people. It is up to Hyperion and maybe even
>you to ge a license and really see what can be done and if
>it's worth doing.

The number of people owning the hardware isn't what's important, the number of people that would buy AmigaOS for Gamecube is important. You've used web browsing as one example for using AmigaOS on Gamecube. How many Gamecube owners want that capability, and of those how many are willing to pay for it?

>So I ask you, if a HAL was written that supplied the
>established Amiga OS 4 API for the Gamecube, could the
>Gamecube not launch Amiga OS compliant applications that
>also run on an A1?

That's what a HAL does, it fits between the specific hardware and the defined common API the apps use, yes. The problem is, who will make this HAL for Gamecube? Apparently no one in this forum is doing it. No one is going to do it because you want it to be done. You have to convince enough people that they will get something out of it in return, including Nintendo, KMOS, Hyperion, and perhaps ATI and IBM though I think any Gecko or Flipper documentation would more likely be requested from Nintendo than them, simply as the chips are customized to Nintendo's specifications, they probably hold the rights to it.

Who all do you need licenses from to allow you to make this HAL?
How much do they cost?
How much do the development kits cost?
How much will you have to pay the programmers to do it?
Is the Gamecube dev kit adequate for porting AmigaOS? (It may not be, if you believe it is be prepared to explain why in great detail...)
If not, what additional information is required? (Gecko/Flipper programming models/register descriptions, etc.?)
Who do you get that from? (Does Gecko/Flipper documentation come from ATI/IBM or from Nintendo? My guess is Nintendo.)

>Wouldn't just being able to run IBrowse(bundled with the GC
>version) on the GC be a selling point?

A selling point from who's perspective? The Gamecube users won't want to pay for such an outdated browser, it can't even do hotmail these days, ebay is awkward, etc. with it. That's not the web browsing experience Gamecube users want. Tha's not the browsing experience *I* want, so I mostly use Firefox on my PC instead these days. You'll need Java, Shockwave, Flash, Mpeg, Quicktime, Real, and Windows Media playback capability for these users to be willing to pay for it, as if any site they like doesn't work, they ain't gonna buy your AmigaOS/IBrowse kit for the Gamecube... Besides, they'll have to buy extra hardware such as the kayboard, mouse, and perhaps the Action Replay or whatever cartridge you mentioned, and perhaps a hard drive kit in addition to the software package. Are enough Gamecube owners willing to go to THAT expense to browse the web or do other things you have in mind on their Gamecube, or are they more likely to just walk over to their PC for such things instead of buying all the Gamecube stuff?

From Nintendo's perspective, how will it grow their revenues? Do they hand out dev kits to just anyone able to pay for the fee for it? Or might they be somewhat selective about who they think can make a viable business able to pay any recurring costs, licenses per copy sold, or whatever else they might require?

From ATI's or IBM's perspective, Is this even their stuff to worry about, or are they simply a component supplier selling chips partially designed by Nintendo to Nintendo?

From KMOS's/Hyperion's perspective, how and how much money can they actually make from this in the really real world? Do you have a way to accaptably appease their concerns about piracy or other problems as seen by them?

> It is up to Hyperion and maybe even you to ge a license
> and really see what can be done and if it's worth doing.

Dude, how did this become MY responsibility to make your idea come true? Don't work that way... You need to get the licenses together yourself, including the AmigaOS license. If you think this is a truely viable business model, write up a respectable proposal and present it to the proper people, who include managment at KMOS, Hyperion, Nintendo, and perhaps ATI and IBM though I'm not as certain about those two. Arguing with users in this forum is the wrong place, the wrong presentation method, and us readers/users are the wrong people to convince. If you want your idea to go anywhere, it will be YOUR responsibility to develop the business around it. The other companies will of course be part of such a business if you can do it, but it's not their responsibility to develop YOUR business plan and execute it for you.

I'd like a few things to happen as well, but no one else is doing them. It's no one else's responsibility to do so. If I want them to happen, it's MY responsibility to make it possible, same as your responsibility for your idea here. You may be right about real potential in your idea, but get out of this forum and present it properly to the proper people, and make it so. You've seen that no one in this forum is going to do it for you, so it's back on your shoulders where it never even moved from... If it's not worth it to you who wants it done to go out and do this, then why should businessmen who need convincing do it for you? Besides, it's your idea, you should be involved in its implementation if one is ever made.
Bill T
All Glory to the Hypnotoad!

« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2005, 03:45:18 AM »

Hammer wrote:
@lou_dias

Theoretical vs Theoretical

Refer to
http://www.nintendo.com.au/gamecube/system/index.php
10.5 GFLOPS.

http://nvidia.com/page/console.html
80 GLOPS from NV2A

In terms being a calculator; NVIDIA’s NV2A kills the whole Nintendo Game Cube. GC can’t match a massively parallelled SIMD GPU.

Somehow I don't think the XBOX is the Cray supercomputer that this page you linked makes it seem to be.  Also the 10.5 Gflops you quoted is:
Floating-point Arithmetic Capability 10.5 GFLOPS (Peak) for the GC's processor not GPU.  What's the the Celeron in the XBox's FPU Arithmetic Capability?  Let's compare apples to apples here.

Finally, I don't care if the XBOX is more powerful than a gamecube.  I just said we could have a cheap PPC Amiga using a gamecube.  The Xbox is neither PPC nor as inexpensive.  However, it seems all next generation systems are going to be using PPC (or Power) technology...and Nintendo has just confirmed that their next system is going to be backwards compatible with the GC's software.
http://cube.ign.com/articles/595/595089p1.html

« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2005, 03:59:40 AM »

Hammer wrote:
Do they give you the documentation to "hit the metal"?

Programming via APIs pretty much shields the programmer from the underlaying hardware (abstruction).

Isn't "hitting the metal" what API's do?  Why would you want re-invent the wheel.  "Hitting the metal" is what made A500 games incompatible with later Amiga machines.  Why go back down that road?  Besides, that's what will allow 'Revolution' to be backwards compatible with the GC.  Even the dev-environment has been promised to be 'familiar'.  Please go to the link I posted in the previous message for the Iwata Keynote Transcript.

Also, the GC has no BIOS.  So that is one less layer of R&D that is needed.  Everything is in the Dev kit and loaded from the game disc.  The GC's drive has a really low average seek time and that's why alot of software loads quickly on the system versus the others.  When loading alot of smaller files, the GC will outperform a PS2 or XBOX in loading times.

Offline Waccoon

• Show only replies by Waccoon
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2005, 04:56:13 AM »
You're STILL going on about this thread?

The Xbox is neither PPC nor as inexpensive.

But, it does have something that benefits most personal computers:  a hard drive.  Try adding storage to a Gamecube and you'll likely have to put in some more money.  Given the volume of interest, your "less expensive" machine will climb to the cost of an XBox very quickly.

What's the the Celeron in the XBox's FPU Arithmetic Capability? Let's compare apples to apples here.

CPUs and GPUs can both calculate float math, so comparing numbers about GFLOP performance can get sticky.

The speed vs accuracy ratio is quite different between CPUs and GPUs.  I believe Radeon-class GPUs are limited to 24-bit floats.  It's easy to get lots of GFLOPS when you cut back on accuracy.

Isn't "hitting the metal" what API's do?

No, that's what drivers do.  APIs are totally different.  An API can talk to specific parts of a driver to get better performance, but the driver still does all the hard work and a true API does not offer direct hardware access.  Drivers run in kernel mode, while most APIs run in user mode.  There are good reasons for that.

Also, the GC has no BIOS. So that is one less layer of R&D that is needed. Everything is in the Dev kit and loaded from the game disc.

So, what tells the hardware how to use the drive so it can load firmware off the drive?  You can hard-wire a BIOS into the hardware instead of putting it on a seperate ROM, but that just makes things a hell of a lot more difficult for your "cheap Amiga" project.

The GC's drive has a really low average seek time and that's why alot of software loads quickly on the system versus the others

What really affects speed is the quality of the filesystem, which minimizes the number of seeks in the first place.  Consoles load data quickly because there is no fragmentation on the discs, except for things like streaming audio for background music.  Games with long load times are the ones with very poorly organized discs.

Hard drives have much lower seek times.  So do memory cards.  Your idea of a cheap Amiga is to save yourself $50 and retard performance by a huge magnitude?

The Amiga may have a lot in common with game consoles, but it is certainly not a set-top box.

« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2005, 02:15:45 AM »

Waccoon wrote:
You're STILL going on about this thread?

It's my thread, I can go on about it if I want.  The fact that Revolution is backwards compatible, will include a hard drive and will have a familiar API makes the issue current and revelant.  Any work that could have been started on this in the past could carry right over into a Revolution developer's license.

The Xbox is neither PPC nor as inexpensive.

But, it does have something that benefits most personal computers:  a hard drive.  Try adding storage to a Gamecube and you'll likely have to put in some more money.  Given the volume of interest, your "less expensive" machine will climb to the cost of an XBox very quickly.

Xbox talk is quite off-topic not only for this site but for this thread  The XBOX is a PC in game machine's clothing, nothing more...except the XBOX2 which is going to be PPC and ATI like the GC and Revolution are...

What's the the Celeron in the XBox's FPU Arithmetic Capability? Let's compare apples to apples here.

CPUs and GPUs can both calculate float math, so comparing numbers about GFLOP performance can get sticky.

The speed vs accuracy ratio is quite different between CPUs and GPUs.  I believe Radeon-class GPUs are limited to 24-bit floats.  It's easy to get lots of GFLOPS when you cut back on accuracy.

again compare apples to apples, now you are mentioning a GPU that isn't in the Gamecube.  You quoted a floating point performance value of the G3 in the GC and compared it to a value in the XBOX's GPU.  Not a very valid or fair comparison.  Give me the XBOX's Celeron's Gflop measure or give me nothing.

Isn't "hitting the metal" what API's do?

No, that's what drivers do.  APIs are totally different.  An API can talk to specific parts of a driver to get better performance, but the driver still does all the hard work and a true API does not offer direct hardware access.  Drivers run in kernel mode, while most APIs run in user mode.  There are good reasons for that.

Also, the GC has no BIOS. So that is one less layer of R&D that is needed. Everything is in the Dev kit and loaded from the game disc.

So, what tells the hardware how to use the drive so it can load firmware off the drive?  You can hard-wire a BIOS into the hardware instead of putting it on a seperate ROM, but that just makes things a hell of a lot more difficult for your "cheap Amiga" project.

For game machines, the developer kit includes drivers and an API that get loaded in with the final game disc, it always hits the metal.  That's why game machine are so efficient at playing games...shocker!  
The miniscule BIOS in the GC just says "Load from disc"...  That's where a disc like ACTION REPLAY comes in and offers you a boot screen.  Or using the PSO update trick to load code over the LAN.  Or you have a licensed and fully developed "Amiga" product boot up directly from power up. Either way, there are ports on the GC that would allow a true developer to make a hard-drive add-on.  Also, the Action Replay provides a special memory card adapter that Nintendo was originally going to release that allows you to plug in SD memory cards into it.  So let's see, you can load software into the GC via LAN, SD card or disk.  And you can plug a keyboard into it (Powerboard 5000).  Or you can get the Sony PS2 controller/standard ps2 keyboard adapter for it and use a standard ps2 keyboard that you already own.  The machine is a hacker's dream...unfortunately I am not a teenager with endless time on my hands.  Again, I'm just exploring the idea and getting hit on the head for it.

The GC's drive has a really low average seek time and that's why alot of software loads quickly on the system versus the others

What really affects speed is the quality of the filesystem, which minimizes the number of seeks in the first place.  Consoles load data quickly because there is no fragmentation on the discs, except for things like streaming audio for background music.  Games with long load times are the ones with very poorly organized discs.

Hard drives have much lower seek times.  So do memory cards.  Your idea of a cheap Amiga is to save yourself $50 and retard performance by a huge magnitude?

I don't see any GC title having poor boot time.  Also, I just explained how the GC can read SD memory cards so not performance hit there.  Performance measures are usually about running programs already in memory.  For that the GC has faster memory then the A1 is getting despite the fact that the CPU is slower.  Either way it still adds up to an existing hardware platform that meets the topic of being a platform for a PPC Amiga.  I'm just showing how people on this board can get what they have been asking for at a lower cost.  As far as getting more performance...a real and licensed piece of software made to run on the GC could run much faster on Revolution...which Iwata in his GDC keynote address has stated "will be backwards compatible with Gamecube software."...as well as have a hard drive and built-in WI-FI...and familar development evironment...so any R&D done for the GC could carry over to Revolution.

The Amiga may have a lot in common with game consoles, but it is certainly not a set-top box.

That's arguable...not only has every Amiga been designed like a game machine, Commodore and every would-be owner since then had always tried to license the technology for set-top boxes of one form or another.  Like I said, every reason why the GC can't be an Amiga platform is a knock on Amiga's roots.  I guess people want a single-bus system that offers the same inefficiencies of the WINTEL platform they are deathly trying to avoid.

Remember, it's the Gamecube's "custom chips" that makes it more efficient.  Does that sound familiar?  Again, the Revolution is getting a customized G5(or newer tech) called "Broadway" and a customized ATI GPU called "Hollywood".  It's these customizations that Nintendo has been getting done for years that gives them an edge.  If the API is the same (but expanded) then software compatibility can easily be maintained.  Isn't that how 'OS-compliant' software for the A500 runs on the A1200?

Finally, please don't respond.
Revolution is coming, it has a poop-load more power than even the A1G4 and it has a hard drive and it will support HD displays.  It overcomes all your complaints.  Now would be the time for a legitimate developer who cares about promoting the Amiga platform to join the revolution (pardon the pun).

Nintendo is now open to alternative entertainment.  

They are into "non-games".

Rumor has it they have licensed Palm OS for a future Nintendo DS product!

Why not AMIGA OS?  For DS?  For Revolution?

Viva la Revolution!

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2005, 02:46:37 AM »
(Can't be arsed to read the entire thread from post one).

So you're going to make OS4 run on the GameCube or something?  :-?

Offline billt

• Show only replies by billt
    • http://www.billtoner.net
« Reply #59 from previous page: March 15, 2005, 04:22:43 AM »
>Now would be the time for a legitimate developer who cares
>about promoting the Amiga platform to join the revolution
>(pardon the pun).

Again, why don't you sit down and write up a business plan around your idea? Simply saying that some developer that's not you should "Port AmigaOS to Gamecube/Revolution" is not anywhere near a business plan. You need to be convincing to those who make financial decisions. Do you even know what Nintendo's contract terms for such an undertaking are? No, you don't just buy a dev kit and go to work...

What are Nintendo's terms for distributing software that runs on their hardware? Do they get a license fee of any kind, and how much? How much detail does hardware documentation (ie. as needed to write drivers for it) include inthe dev kit? Is this suitable, or must more detailed documentation be licensed seperately? What terms and fees are associated with that? And on and on and on.

Do some research into this. Get some real answers to such questions that any businessman will want answered before he'd ever seriously consider such a thing. Guesses are equal to "I have no clue". Assumptions are equal to "I have no clue". Beliefs are equal to "I have no clue". You either know each particular detail for absolute fact and would be willing to bet a very large sum of money (as in many many many thousands of dollars, perhaps hundreds of thousands of dollars) that you are correct, or you have no clue on each particular detail. You're asking some developer to wager such a large sum of money to do this for you, it's only fair to ask that you're personally willing to lose that same amount of money in your proposal if you're wrong. If you are not willing to wager your own money, then why should the businessman you're pitching it to take the same risk on your behalf?

If you seriously pitched this business plan to someone, why would he be willing to risk his house being reposessed? Not a dumb question, as a mortgage sized bank loan would likely be required, and possibly much more than that, to actually do what you're talking about. If you have well researched and good answers to the kinds of detailed questions a businessman would ask, there may be an opportunity for you to make money here.

If you're not willing to do the research yourself, you must not believe in it enough to be worth your time. And if it isn't worth your time or energy to find out so much information for yourself (to explain to developers/bunenessmen), then you'll never talk a businessman or developer into it either.
Bill T
All Glory to the Hypnotoad!