Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Access A1200 - Cool!  (Read 4579 times)

Description:

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show all replies
Re: Access A1200 - Cool!
« on: August 20, 2003, 12:11:55 PM »
This was indeed before the Boxer. But it's a really interesting thing! :-)

Some questions:

I could find some serious use for this if I would be able to hook it up to a network, however it seems to be a little "unexpandable". So does it have A1200 style clockport(s)? What other networking options would there be?
Is there any way to use the ISA port, or is that only some 'dead weight'?
What Kickstart/Workbench version, and is that included?
Were there some other kind of software included, i.e. flash memory tools?
How compatible is the floppydrive to original Amiga disks?
Some webpages say it has a PS/2 style keyboard connector, other say Amiga (mini din), which one is it?
How compatible is it for old software and/or hardware hitting software, can most demos run on it?
What are the dimensions, especially, how deep is it (a little hard to make out from the pictures)? Do I need to cut a hole in the back of my tower? ;-)
Where did you get yours, what did you pay, and which model did you get?

Thanks ... :-)
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show all replies
Re: Access A1200 - Cool!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2003, 01:22:41 PM »
@ ACE

AFAIK, there is no ethernet on the board? On no specifications/pictures on the net I see this mentioned/shown. However, I do recall reading about that it would be possible to use an ISA ethernet card for networking, but then you get the problems of getting the ISA port to work, as Iggy_Drougge wrote earlier: "According to one of the contemporary UK rags, you could run an ISA network card off it. Some sites which used the Access for kiosks allegedly updated all their systems via ethernet. The only question is where to get the drivers.". And then you will have to actually find an ISA ethernet card today, preferrably also a riser card to get it in a horizontal position ...
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)