Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NetSurf 3.3 released  (Read 10954 times)

Description:

Offline chrisTopic starter

NetSurf 3.3 released
« on: March 16, 2015, 02:29:14 PM »
NetSurf 3.3 is primarily a bug-fix release. Several of the front ends have received quite a bit of attention, with new features and improvements; notably the AmigaOS frontend has gained the beginnings of support for AmigaOS 3. We recommend all users upgrade.

More information
Download (AmigaOS 4)
"Miracles we do at once, the impossible takes a little longer" - AJS on Hyperion
Avatar picture is Tabitha by Eric W Schwartz

Re: NetSurf 3.3 released
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 09:31:40 AM »
Quote from: wawrzon;786445
not coming far on thet front
Code: [Select]

wawa@debian:~/dev-netsurf/workspace/netsurf$ make HOST_CC=m68k-aros-gcc TRAGET=amigaos3
M.CONFIG: JPEG (libjpeg) enabled       (NETSURF_USE_JPEG := YES)
M.CONFIG: PDF export (haru) disabled      (NETSURF_USE_HARU_PDF := NO)
M.CONFIG: glibc internal iconv enabled       (NETSURF_USE_LIBICONV_PLUG := YES)
PKG.CNFG: utf8proc (libutf8proc) enabled
PKG.CNFG: nsutils (libnsutils) enabled
M.CONFIG: PNG (libpng) enabled       (NETSURF_USE_PNG := YES)
M.CONFIG: BMP (libnsbmp) enabled       (NETSURF_USE_BMP := YES)
M.CONFIG: GIF (libnsgif) enabled       (NETSURF_USE_GIF := YES)
M.CONFIG: SVG (librsvg-2.0) auto-enabled  (NETSURF_USE_RSVG := AUTO)
M.CONFIG: SVG (libsvgtiny) auto-enabled  (NETSURF_USE_NSSVG := AUTO)
M.CONFIG: Sprite (librosprite) auto-disabled (NETSURF_USE_ROSPRITE := AUTO)
M.CONFIG: WebP (libwebp) disabled      (NETSURF_USE_WEBP := NO)
M.CONFIG: JavaScript (mozjs185) auto-enabled  (NETSURF_USE_MOZJS := AUTO)
M.CONFIG: JavaScript (mozilla-js) auto-disabled (NETSURF_USE_JS := AUTO)
M.CONFIG: Video (gstreamer-0.10) disabled      (NETSURF_USE_VIDEO := NO)
PKG.CNFG: CSS (libcss) enabled
PKG.CNFG: DOM (libdom) enabled
PKG.CNFG: Hubbub (libhubbub) enabled
PKG.CNFG: OpenSSL (openssl) enabled
PKG.CNFG: Curl  (libcurl) enabled
PKG.CNFG: GTK-2 (gtk+-2.0) enabled
PKG.CNFG: GThread2 (gthread-2.0) enabled
PKG.CNFG: GModule2 (gmodule-2.0) enabled
TESTMENT: unchanged
MSGSPLIT: any/de to !NetSurf/Resources
MSGSPLIT: any/en to !NetSurf/Resources
MSGSPLIT: any/fr to !NetSurf/Resources
MSGSPLIT: any/it to !NetSurf/Resources
MSGSPLIT: any/nl to !NetSurf/Resources
wawa@debian:~/dev-netsurf/workspace/netsurf$

since there is no report im not sure where it breaks up and why, certainly some solution for a valid crosscompiler will be neccessary, just currently trying to use the aros68k backend.

You have a typo in "TARGET", so it's just trying to build the GTK frontend again.
"Miracles we do at once, the impossible takes a little longer" - AJS on Hyperion

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 02:00:27 PM »
Quote from: wawrzon;786455
packages curl, openssl and tre are necessary, as i realise they are going to be statically linked. im stuck even with the first since it doesnt get located even if i installed the developer support (strangely curl -V had not any effect) and then i repeteadly installed it with apt-get. apparently its not withing pkg-config patch.

You've missed building part of the toolchain.  The toolchain m68k-unknown-amigaos bit builds the cross-compiler for you (I assume you've done that).  After that you need to build the SDK part, which gives you all the non-NetSurf dependencies (libcurl etc).

i imagine none has yet tried to crosscompile netsurf for os4 or amiga on linux

You imagine wrong, that's the only way I've built it since they moved to Git, as it's a PITA to do any other way.  The CI system also cross-compiles on Linux every time there's a commit.  It definitely works.

Re: NetSurf 3.3 releasedd
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 12:32:55 PM »
Quote from: wawrzon;786473
it all sounds like dejavu and browsing for solutions i discover my own old posts on subject i have completely forgotten about.
i have found somewhere a guide how to setup and compile everything by hand but i lost it now again..nevertheless at least gcc.3.4.6 68k backend seems to build now with
make -C m68k-unknown-amigaos
after solving some dependencies
still i think i need to install it to /opt/, because so far i only have toolchains in my workspace dir?

I think it puts it in there itself.  You might need to run it again "sudo".

The SDK make line needs some variables adding to it.  The README (RISC OS section, at the bottom) tells you basically what you need.

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 04:03:31 PM »
Quote from: wawrzon;786478
alas its not different as root:
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `install'.
- which is what i suppose should happen, namely install?

No, just "sudo make".  The install happens as part of that. You'll probably need to "make clean" and build again from scratch.

meanwhile, what gcc version are used for other platforms? so far i see netsurf toolchain contains 3.4.6. for 68k. the 3.6.xavailable from zerohero at its time was afair the worst what concerns the performance of produced code. about 4.2.x - 4.5.0 it was heading back to the levels of performance achieved with 2.9.x.
maybe it would be wort in looking at an upgrade.

It was using 4.5.x (I think), but I couldn't get it to work properly (total system freeze on exit no matter what I compiled).

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 04:55:47 PM »
Quote from: wawrzon;786482
dont understand. dont i need to specify target?
so is it a correct location for toolchain to be in the workspace folder? and from where do i "make" in this case?

sudo make -C m68k-unknown-amigaos
should build and install the compiler under /opt/netsurf/something-or-other
If you're already in the m68k-unknown-amigaos dir then just "sudo make" will work.

sudo make -C sdk (and the other options as per the README) will build and install the dependencies.
That probably needs a prefix or something as well, but I can't check the exact line I use from here.

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 10:35:26 PM »
Do a "git pull". A curl patch fix has just been committed.

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2015, 09:16:38 AM »
Quote from: wawrzon;786497
more colorful warnings in amiga platform specific part, finally while atempting to link tones of undefinied references, that appear to be mostly to link libraries like css,
starting with:
    LINK: NetSurf
build-Linux-amigaos3/amiga_file.o(.text+0xbe): In function `_ami_file_asl_mime_hook':
amiga/file.c:64: undefined reference to `_lwc_intern_string'

seems i need to compile these link libs by hand?

Yes, you need to build all the NetSurf libraries before building NetSurf itself.  That one is a reference to libwapcaplet, but you'll need libcss, libdom, libhubbub, libwapcaplet, libnsbmp, libnsgif, libsvgtiny, libutf8proc and libnsutils.  Install buildsystem first, then it's just a sudo make install HOST=m68k-unknown-amigaos

nevertheless considering the amount of warnings, that may not be surprising if the frontend isnt working exactly right ;)?

Most of them are due to changes in the OS includes between 3.9 and 4.0.  If I fix them for 3.9 then I'll get loads of warnings when I build for OS4, so I've just left them :)

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 12:29:51 PM »
Quote from: wawrzon;786526
okay, i might be able to fix the simplest things like casts and undeclared vars myself some day probably if need be.

Most of the casts will be because things like SetGadgetAttrs changed from wanting a struct Gadget * to an Object *.  It should be fixable with some #defines.  An appropriate #define GADGET_CAST would probably do.

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2015, 04:20:45 PM »
Quote from: wawrzon;786587
gain a bit stuck here. i ran
sudo make install HOST=m68k-unknown-amigaos
(HOST is correct?)
from the
/home/wawa/dev-netsurf/workspace/toolchains/m68k-unknown-amigaos/builddir

Eh?  What are you trying to build?

You should be in either toolchains/m68k-unknown-amigaos or toolchains/sdk - although I thought you'd managed to build both of those already?

The line you're using is correct for the NetSurf libraries, but you need to build them from the correct cloned repo.

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2015, 08:44:17 PM »
Quote from: wawrzon;786602
i have build them but as i understand they need to be installed to /opt/..
not?

Correct, but the command needs to be run from the project directory, not some irrelevant builddir.

The toolchains ones install anyway, provided you run make as root.

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2015, 05:51:14 PM »
Quote from: wawrzon;786620
i did it from the toolchains/m68k-unknown-amigaos/builddir because from toolchains/m68k-unknown-amigaos/ it gives me:
make: *** Keine Regel, um »install« zu erstellen.  Schluss.
(no rule to make install)

That's correct, you just "sudo make" and they install anyway.

If that hasn't happened you'll probably need to "make clean" and then "sudo make" as it probably thinks it has already done this.

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2015, 07:57:36 AM »
Quote from: wawrzon;786626
so following the other guide i installed the buildsystem and compiled the link libs using the likes of:
sudo make -C libwapcaplet HOST=m68k-unknown-amigaos
from workspace, which though effects probably in linklibs for a wrong target, since im still getting linking errors while trying tu build netsurf for amigaos3
and the libs are in
/opt/netsurf/lib
while they probably should be in
/opt/netsurf/m68k-unknown-amigaos/cross/lib

sorry, thats probably rather trouble to help me understand how netsurf builds in comparison to what help i can ever be..

Actually that's right, they install to a different location for some reason.

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2015, 09:01:41 PM »
Quote from: wawrzon;786649
in this case, can i somehow check if the link libs are for the correct target? like looking up the header with an ed or so?

There are little examples in the nsgif/nsbmp repos you could try building? If they link and work the libs must be good...?

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 11:47:53 AM »
Quote from: wawrzon;786918
sorry, been around aros issues for a while. you mean in the examples folders?i went to nsbmp and tried to compile decode_bmp.c, but even with specifying linklib path ut doesnt build.

You've specified the link lib path, but there's no -lnsbmp on the line as far as I can see :)