Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Did a bunch of searches, no luck... Max size of usable partitions for 3.2 OS?  (Read 1192 times)

Description:

Offline MalakieTopic starter

• 'Karma' doesn't choose. It just is! (2020 -T.B.)
    • Show all replies
    • Streaming Channel (including Amiga stuff)
Hi,

Oddly been searching here and the internet and one thing I can't seem to find is the maximum size usable partition for OS 3.2 (including the most current KS as well).

Anyone know?  I have a couple old 160 GB IDE drives I want to try to use as 160 GB partitions on an A1200.  Wondering if it is a waste of time or if indeed, 3.2 will support them as one partition?

Take it light...... :-D

Malakie

Offline MalakieTopic starter

• 'Karma' doesn't choose. It just is! (2020 -T.B.)
    • Show all replies
    • Streaming Channel (including Amiga stuff)
Good Day,

Afaik it's up to 4M limit. But why? 200-300k or so on System partition. depending on OS, boot & stuff should be small and not often write to partition, smaller usually. Then big stuff and game, then saved stuff Up to at least 4G. Depends on system after that.

Chris

That's the original limit.. 4GB.    I was asking about the change for OS3.2 and the new latest KS as well.  Limits have been majorly raised in size but I am wondering what the top limit is now.. i.e. can I format a full 160gb HD and it work correctly.   I want one of my systems with a lot of space for a reason otherwise I would not worry about it.

Take it light...... :-D

Malakie